Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Red Arrows bit of a wow in the 70’s but get a grip - if you queue to park and chin up open mouth gawp and point at a fucking plane spewing coloured shite and not crashing in this decade you are the Fast Show parody…

Especially if you have done same for the last 30 years or so

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Could they “ bring” The Rolling Stones to the Isle of  Man? That would be better.

You what?! Have you seen Keef and Mick flying Hawk trainers in formation? They’re fucking hopeless. No thanks. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

I do not know anyone at Manx Radio now, have been interviewed by them a few times though in the past

Anyone who mentions they have been interviewed by Manx Radio is a bit like someone who thinks they have 'a bit of sway' with The Red Arrows, because they interviewed them once or had a pint in the mess with them, or something.

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

Anyone who mentions they have been interviewed by Manx Radio is a bit like someone who thinks they have 'a bit of sway' with The Red Arrows, because they interviewed them once or had a pint in the mess with them, or something.

You just can't give up can you, inferiority complex

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, alpha-acid said:

You are stupid aren't you  ? , obviously you do not "know" anyone hence the remark. You would be surprised how many doors can be opened by just mentioning your name to some people, obviously not your name though

This is true, even in 2021.

Every time I mention my family name the police van doors open right up.

• Haha 1

Jeez Ramseyboi, you can kill the buzz out of anything! 

I suspect (but don't know) that without Manx Radio, there would be no Red Arrows display this year. So good for them.

Since becoming Manx 😅 there are few things I feel patriotically English about. But Last Night of the Proms (full fat, none of this snowflake dilution) Remembrance and The Red Arrows never fail to give me shivers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

I suspect (but don't know) that without Manx Radio, there would be no Red Arrows display this year. So good for them.

"Hi, is that The Red Arrows?"

-----"Yeah sure pal, waddya want?

"I'd like to arrange for the chaps to do a display. On the Isle of Man. You know, that place that isn't the Isle of Wight. The lads know exactly where it is and what to do and that, they've been here loads of times".

-----"Nah, not really pal. We're kinda like busy. I think some of us are washing our hair that day anyway"

"But...but...I didn't say what day I wanted them"

-----"Oh, er. Well leave me your number and I'll call you. Don't call me."

"Erm. did I say I was from Manx Radio"

-----Oh, Manx Radio. You mean THE Manx Radio. Well why didn't ya say? We'll be there no problem"

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

,  they had no dates but then added some. 

It's nepotism. Plain and simple. The Isle of Man thrives on it.

ETA:

as does Manx Radio of course

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Jeez Ramseyboi, you can kill the buzz out of anything! 

Since becoming Manx 😅 there are few things I feel patriotically English about. But Last Night of the Proms (full fat, none of this snowflake dilution) Remembrance and The Red Arrows never fail to give me shivers.

I am sure that family and friends of individuals from Wales, Scotland and Ireland who died in service will really appreciate that you consider Remembrance  Day to be an English matter rather than British and makes you feel patriotically English than British. Even British pushes it when you think of other nationalities who died in the causes. 

Last Night of the Proms you can keep. Full of what looks like upper school twerps getting awfully excited that they have been allowed out to demonstrate how such jolly fellows they are by daringly waving a flag. 

Again I forgot that the Royal Air Force was part of the English Forces rather than British Forces. To be fair they are very good at what they do and on a decent day I would enjoy stopping and watching them. But whereas 30 years I might have made an effort to watch nowt having seen that often before now I can take or leave.

Toodle pip old boy. Probably soon time for you cup of cocoa before nanny tucks you up in bed with teddy and reads you a bed time story. I wonder it will be Biggles. He really is a damn spiffing fellow. 

• Haha 2