Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Contrasting headlines and stories 

Last year

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/tribute-to-massive-star-clive-mcneil/

Today

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-isle-of-man-58280147

Very sad it seems very odd that a mental well being test only seems to have consisted of somebody asking you if you were going to kill yourself and you jokingly saying “no”. 

If someone is gathering indecent images of children,I'm all for them hurtling themselves into a wall at speed

I see the lead story on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is the Red Arrows. 
I can only guess that this little treat will cost a   large amount of taxpayers cash, both in terms of the cost of putting on a Red Arrows display, and the other costs associated, which will no doubt require the Police, Fire Service, Ambulance and Air Traffic Control assistance, and also I’m sure the DOI will be involved. Granted funding has come out of the Domestic Events Fund.

As a Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece which is constantly banging on about Climate Change is it really appropriate for the skies over Douglas to be polluted? How does this sit with Biosphere? Perhaps the monies used could have been allocated to poor vulnerable starving Manx Children to put food in their bellies during the Summer Holiday? If we are really serious as to Climate Change we to consider scrapping the TT and other events which pollute the environment. Hard decisions lie 

9 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The red arrows are to reward the plebs for volunteering to take part in the vaccine trials. I'd have asked for 8-10 billion myself, they are aware of this and this is the sole reason i have never been awarded an mbe as yet.

That’s OK. British Empire honours are so discredited ( they give them to anyone nowadays ) that they probably do have to pay people to accept nomination. But I’d say you’re a little over optimistic.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

The red arrows are to reward the plebs for volunteering to take part in the vaccine trials. 

Don’t think so. The red arrows are how the vaccine chips get activated, through their chem trails and a high frequency modulated EM pulse (I got this bit from watching Star Trek - do your own research people) they emit when they loop the loop. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

48 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I see the lead story on the Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece this morning is the Red Arrows. 
I can only guess that this little treat will cost a   large amount of taxpayers cash, both in terms of the cost of putting on a Red Arrows display, and the other costs associated, which will no doubt require the Police, Fire Service, Ambulance and Air Traffic Control assistance, and also I’m sure the DOI will be involved. Granted funding has come out of the Domestic Events Fund.

As a Nations Propaganda Mouthpiece which is constantly banging on about Climate Change is it really appropriate for the skies over Douglas to be polluted? How does this sit with Biosphere? Perhaps the monies used could have been allocated to poor vulnerable starving Manx Children to put food in their bellies during the Summer Holiday? If we are really serious as to Climate Change we to consider scrapping the TT and other events which pollute the environment. Hard decisions lie 

I agree, it's yet another waste of public funds.  The DOI propaganda mouthpiece tried to justify it by saying he hoped people would stay in Douglas afterwards.

The Red Arrows will provide a much needed exciting interlude into what has been a relatively mundane 18 months for many people on the Island.

The weather is fantastic and it will be a great afternoon. 

Rock On the Red Arrows

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Don’t think so. The red arrows are how the vaccine chips get activated, through their chem trails and a high frequency modulated EM pulse (I got this bit from watching Star Trek - do your own research people) they emit when they loop the loop. 

OMG, it is all making sense now!  That's why we are all magnetised, so they can target their modulated EM pulses!  How have we been so blind? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

This is precisely why i shall only be listening to this display via 1368 medium wave. I'd urge all other sane people to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

This is precisely why i shall only be listening to this display via 1368 medium wave. I'd urge all other sane people to do the same.

Actually a good point. And you will note that they don't just go to Douglas during their display and as well as covering other parts of the Island they take off from Blackpool and do a bit of a 'circuit'. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that it won't take too many 'displays' to cover the whole of the UK.

Coincidence?

I don't think so.

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

I agree, it's yet another waste of public funds.  The DOI propaganda mouthpiece tried to justify it by saying he hoped people would stay in Douglas afterwards.

Just got back from watching it.  It was just fantastic, beautiful day, gorgeous views with the boats in the bay and breathtaking manoeuvres. 

Thank you MR, IFGL and the Domestic Events Fund. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Just got back from watching it.  It was just fantastic, beautiful day, gorgeous views with the boats in the bay and breathtaking manoeuvres. 

Thank you MR, IFGL and the Domestic Events Fund. 

Not too far to come up the coast for the Ramsey display either....just waiting

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Not too far to come up the coast for the Ramsey display either....just waiting

You already get far too much in Ramsey. Pier, marina, courthouse, sunshine...

• Haha 1