Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Not true. You can spend many a pleasant afternoon mooching around Fentons.

Whilst simultaneously enjoying pay and pension accruements for sitting at a Civil Service desk?

Edited by Non-Believer
extra bit

21 hours ago, Barlow said:

Maybe not for doing loop-de-loops and all that, but they would have been near enough for Brownian movement dissipation of the exhaust product (aka chemtrails, but that term is reserved for nutcase conspiracy theorists)

We could hear but not see one of them

Surely it wouldn't have taken them long to take a quick tour of the island's coast?

1 hour ago, SleepyJoe said:

We could hear but not see one of them

Surely it wouldn't have taken them long to take a quick tour of the island's coast?

I've been giving this some further thought.

There is a possibility that the Red Arrows came to the Isle of Man just to do an air display.

(But that is what they want me to think).

19 hours ago, Barlow said:

You are both right. Sorry I forgot about Felton's. An excellent spot. 

I remember reading of a drunk lad coming out of Nightlife and smashing one of the windows. Those curved glass windows will have cost him a fortune to replace. I know of this because I was in The Central in Douglas when a 17 year-old lad put the pool table through the corner window (he up-ended it, not the whole thing through the window, but still some feat all the same).

ps You will note I did not make the usual cheap jibe about the propensity for charity shops in Ramsey (I bought a perfect condition Berghaus raincoat for £2 in one once)

It was me that locked him up!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

It was me that locked him up!

Good man.

But it seems like he didn't pay for the beautiful curved glass window to be replaced?

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

I've been giving this some further thought.

There is a possibility that the Red Arrows came to the Isle of Man just to do an air display.

(But that is what they want me to think).

Fcuk me, I was hoping they'd land at Jurby for the moving vehicles exhibition

21 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Whilst simultaneously enjoying pay and pension accruements for sitting at a Civil Service desk?

And simultaneously reflecting on how you have spent a lifetime working hard for the good of the people of the Isle of Man and have earned that stuff. 
And reflecting how some stupid idiots, who have probably never done a decent works day in their life, and would never pass the CS  application test, choose to belittle your contribution without having a clue what you have done for them

Edited by The Voice of Reason

20 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And simultaneously reflecting on how you have spent a lifetime working hard for the good of the people of the Isle of Man and have earned that stuff. 
And reflecting how some stupid idiots, who have probably never done a decent works day in their life, and would never pass the CS  application test, choose to belittle your contribution without having a clue what you have done for them

Which is all we need to know....

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, KERED said:

Maybe The Head of News, The News Editor, and the Deputy News Editor are all having a weekend off?

I am afraid reporting standards  and attention to detail have become a thing of the past,  we are currently starved  of local news ,there is plenty happening out there ,,and both isle of man newspapers and the local radio stations  do little investigative journalism or seem to get to  attend serious court sittings,  and only print sanitized government press releases ,

We are fast becoming Manx Mushrooms ,kept in the dark and fed on Bullsh-t

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gladys said:

LOL, HQ still not speaking to MR.  So, they interview a politicians from Guernsey to get an idea of what the CD summit in London is all about.

23 September cannot come quick enough.

Don’t know why MR can’t just make the requested (and would be justified) apology and we all move on.

You can’t trash someone’s reputation for no reason and expect to have a dialogue with them as if nothing has happened

Yes politicians need a thick skin but some things are beyond the pale.

• Thanks 1