Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Don’t know why MR can’t just make the requested (and would be justified) apology and we all move on.

You can’t trash someone’s reputation for no reason and expect to have a dialogue with them as if nothing has happened

Yes politicians need a thick skin but some things are beyond the pale.

He trashed his own reputation. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

A total fuck up from Manx Radio for the audience at Jaks this evening, for the Douglas East candidates broadcast.

Well, you know,  "at least we got The Red Arrows over".

I bet my bottom dollar that even Ron and the Ronettes at 3fm could have performed better. And they don't get over £1million wedge from the taxpayer each year.

54 minutes ago, Barlow said:

A total fuck up from Manx Radio for the audience at Jaks this evening, for the Douglas East candidates broadcast.

Well, you know,  "at least we got The Red Arrows over".

I bet my bottom dollar that even Ron and the Ronettes at 3fm could have performed better. And they don't get over £1million wedge from the taxpayer each year.

What happened?

Folk in bar told to be quiet, which was fair enough. Asked to turn phones off/airplane mode etc. Some builder types left the bar to go somewhere else so they could chat, again fair enough. Plenty of people there to hear the question-answer session.

Then when broadcast started the people in bar couldn't hear a word. There was a tinny mobile speaker that occasionally picked something up, but literally 99% of the time it was a case of watching Andy Wint apparently silently asking the candidates questions, who answered back silently.

An utter waster of time.

Frank's post in Douglas East:

2 hours ago, Amadeus said:

I’d love to tell you what they are talking about but there are issues with the sound setup at the venue. We can’t hear a thing they are saying :( 

CA852CC9-D44D-49E9-85CC-68D910B8B9E8.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Folk in bar told to be quiet, which was fair enough. Asked to turn phones off/airplane mode etc. Some builder types left the bar to go somewhere else so they could chat, again fair enough. Plenty of people there to hear the question-answer session.

Then when broadcast started the people in bar couldn't hear a word. There was a tinny mobile speaker that occasionally picked something up, but literally 99% of the time it was a case of watching Andy Wint apparently silently asking the candidates questions, who answered back silently.

An utter waster of time.

Frank's post in Douglas East:

Is that chap about to launch his Guinness over that mardy looking mare?

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

I only caught the last 5 minutes of Mannin Line today, and was expecting to hear the usual somewhat tedious tones of Mr Wint, but was pleasantly surprised to hear Beth Espey. I hope we are to hear more.

Incidentally, Rob Callister had contacted the programme setting out his position on the Post Office thing. Well. I'm glad that's cleared up. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2