Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

On 10/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, forestboy said:

Wint should be binned. An egotistical idiot. 

Beth Espey is outstanding and if they could get her to take more on you at last have a credible interviewer . So much time for her. The others are a waste of space and she is a different league . 

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 10/18/2021 at 5:32 PM, forestboy said:

Wint should be binned. An egotistical idiot. 

I've been tuning into Mannin Line for a good 40 years.

Stu Peters and others, would occasionally spin a record, but Andy has no time for such things as he has so many people listening to the show and is seemingly always inundated with callers, email and txts from 'correspondents' and saying things that Andy just happens to want to say.

And he doesn't read out my emails (Stu Peters never failed to read them out, ever).

I'm all for a busy show but when it is seemingly somewhat contrived, then what is the point?

I wish Beth Espey all the best with the show. Doing a good job already.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Wint sounded like he was eating lunch during moannin line today. Is it me or is he getting more condesending?

28 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Wint sounded like he was eating lunch during moannin line today. Is it me or is he getting more condesending?

Can’t stand the man. A first class prat. 
Has far too much airtime. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

Can’t stand the man. A first class prat. 
Has far too much airtime. 

Funny  some people feel the same way about Gawne , he is working himself into manx radio ,another legend  in his own lifetime  with a host of Skeletons in his political closet ,don't hear much of the Son of Gawne or has he worked himself into a job with the BBC ?  Time we had some real investigative presenters up there  and some decent political programmes back on air again 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, asitis said:

Can't bite the hand that feeds you, you know !    

Any idea how much an investigative reporter would cost, and how little chicanery they might uncover?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Any idea how much an investigative reporter would cost, and how little chicanery they might uncover?

Right so we should not hold you MHK’s to account because there is nothing to see. Enjoy your pension as I assume that’s what you got yourself elected for.