Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 minutes ago, Anyone said:

How do know I don’t have the temperament or ability ( lots of ability but you are right not the temperament , can’t stand bullshitters or civil servants in general ) lots of nutters have managed to get into the Keys. Not that you are I might add but more than a few so I’d probably fit right in. As far as the hours go just coast like the rest. You might think you are making a difference but in the end none of you do. Not your fault or anyone else’s , just the way things work sadly. I don’t know what you want to achieve in your 5 ( or is it 4 ) but I do know you will probably fail. But you will get a nice pension. No one minds that but maybe you should admit it. After all what other reason would any sane person want to be an MHK in the current climate. Nice line of jobs on your CV but I’ve not a clue about any of then apart from the dictator one ( which is why I think you are not a serious politician but basically saw a chance of a few Bob at the arse end of your career - and good on you for that as you not the first or last who have done that ).

Ordered the car yet Stu?

Stu P. don't try to justify the wage with what you were/could have earned and hourly rates are irrelevant and possibly, subterfuge? This is possibly one of the reasons that some people will not stand!

You won the election , just get on with the job! Try not to make it all about Car Tax!!!!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, IOM said:

Ah of course it’s a completely fictitious data set which is all made up ! What utter rubbish all the respected radio operators follow it including Global and Bauer ! And advertisers use it to help them direct ad spend . I am sure there will be a level of inaccuracy but I would suggest in the round it’s a fairly accurate picture of listening habits . 

How many people do rajar survey on island?  Last I heard it was less than 200 so completely pointless

5 minutes ago, Kopek said:

Stu P. don't try to justify the wage with what you were/could have earned and hourly rates are irrelevant and possibly, subterfuge? This is possibly one of the reasons that some people will not stand!

You won the election , just get on with the job! Try not to make it all about Car Tax!!!!

Interesting though that a couple of hours DJing here and there could net you more than 60k a year!

No, he referred to pounds per hour, which is subterfuge, what we are interested in is the bottom line

I think I've got about 3 quid an hour these last two years but that's not accounting for Stu sitting on his ass for a 20 hr week for 60k?

He won the election, let's see what he can do!

Edited by Kopek

10 minutes ago, finlo said:

Oh yes he did.

Oh no I didn't. Read what I said.

Anyone: thank you for your nihilistic, defeatist nonsense, every small victory (and I've had a couple already) will taste all the sweeter knowing you said it was worthless trying. And I'm not in the pension scheme as I already get a small one from my years on staff at MR.

Billy the Kid: I'm resisting but am sore tempted by the base Emira due in 2023.

6 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

Oh no I didn't. Read what I said.

Anyone: thank you for your nihilistic, defeatist nonsense, every small victory (and I've had a couple already) will taste all the sweeter knowing you said it was worthless trying. And I'm not in the pension scheme as I already get a small one from my years on staff at MR.

Billy the Kid: I'm resisting but am sore tempted by the base Emira due in 2023.

So how many hours of your time does being an mhk take up then?

Edited by finlo

11 hours ago, Ramseyboi said:

How many people do rajar survey on island?  Last I heard it was less than 200 so completely pointless

Clearly you have a much better way of measuring the audience please do share how you carry out your analysis I am sure it will be of real interest to the broadcasters ! 

39 minutes ago, IOM said:

Clearly you have a much better way of measuring the audience please do share how you carry out your analysis I am sure it will be of real interest to the broadcasters ! 

No I don’t and I never suggested I did.

I just pointed out that the RAJAR figures are based on a tiny proportion of households and aren’t worth anything.

Laos if RAjAR contacted me and asked me to take part I would tell them to jog on.  Same for my kids, friends and family who are similar ages and live busy lives.

If they contacted my elderly relatives they would be happy to have so this g to do and say yes.  You can work the rest out for yourself.  Manx radio has an elderly demographic and are stuffed if a few years when their current listeners are dead.

3 minutes ago, Ramseyboi said:

No I don’t and I never suggested I did.

I just pointed out that the RAJAR figures are based on a tiny proportion of households and aren’t worth anything.

Laos if RAjAR contacted me and asked me to take part I would tell them to jog on.  Same for my kids, friends and family who are similar ages and live busy lives.

If they contacted my elderly relatives they would be happy to have so this g to do and say yes.  You can work the rest out for yourself.  Manx radio has an elderly demographic and are stuffed if a few years when their current listeners are dead.

Ok that’s fine . But some people seem to dispute that Manx Radio is the most listened to station on the island and suggest the Rajar data is worthless . I am just intrigued to understand how they are analysing the audience data they must have a very sophisticated set of data and analysis!