Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

7 minutes ago, Omobono said:

there not rumours  someone else will be broadcasting the TT in real time and more that likely what was once a great free advert for the Island  and tuned in to motorcycle enthusiasts around the world  will require a payment before tuning or logging in , Government are missing a big trick here and shooting themselves in the foot at the same time ,,

The press release mentioned "Talent" every other word so we have that to look forward to.................Talent, cough......

Love to know who this talent is? Are we shipping in EX F1 commentator David Coulthard and the like?

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

The press release mentioned "Talent" every other word so we have that to look forward to.................Talent, cough......

Love to know who this talent is? Are we shipping in EX F1 commentator David Coulthard and the like?

Jim Ross and Jerry 'the king' Lawler.

• Haha 1

A child who mistakenly donated a much loved soft toy is appealing for its return and has saved up £100 as a reward. 

Aah, you may say. 

ETA just found it on FB, perhaps it needed to be presented a little more carefully.

Edited by Gladys

2 hours ago, hissingsid said:

I heard this and wondered what an earth it was all about, there was an notice offering £100 in the  Courier last week so that would be another £50 quid.   It all sounded very weird.

Yes, I didn't hear the full background (the child is autistic) so was quite bemused, if not worse, by it.  It could have been presented more carefully. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Yes, I didn't hear the full background (the child is autistic) so was quite bemused, if not worse, by it.  It could have been presented more carefully. 

I did wonder whether that was the case. 

Did you see the picture of the toy? I'd give a £100 not to have it in my house!

2 hours ago, Declan said:

I did wonder whether that was the case. 

Did you see the picture of the toy? I'd give a £100 not to have it in my house!

LOL, you must never have had kids; they do have a tendency to like tat!

It was very uncomfortable listening, but I wish her well and hope she is reunited with the toy.  She seems to have retrieved other toys given away (you wonder how that happened) so she may get lucky with this one. 

10 minutes ago, Gladys said:

She seems to have retrieved other toys given away (you wonder how that happened) so she may get lucky with this one. 

Based solely on reading the posts on here, I am cynically tempted to wonder if this is perhaps the social media equivalent of Munchausen by proxy.