Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

DfE stiffing the national broadcaster?

image.png.4be505974f4362887e6dcd1bb850e7a8.png

They may not be producing but on the TT website it says "Radio TT remains a free service and requires no subscription. Simply tune in on-island via Manx Radio’s FM and AM frequencies, or click on to iomttraces.com to listen from anywhere in the world." 

They may not be producing but they appear to be broadcasting.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve been having a very weird experience listening to the 8am news on the Echo Dot via Tunein radio. All the presenters’ voices are 1/2 tones lower. I know it’s Ben Hartley but it sounds like he’s a grown man (no offence Ben - you know what I mean).

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? 

It probably is difficult enough to find a Manx Radio listener now they have dumbed down the morning breakfast program let alone listening via Echo Dot.

Edited by Lost Login

According the Energy FM:

Manx Radio will no longer be producing the TT Radio commentary as the Department for Enterprise has taken the production of Radio TT ‘in-house’.

Manx Radio will also no longer have the exclusive rights to the commentary as the Department has offered the new live feed to other broadcasters including Energy FM.

The new sound TT radio commentary will be anchored by Steve Day, well known to fans of MotoGP and World Superbikes.

Other names joining the commentary will be local freelance sports commentators such as Chris Boyde and Chris Kinley along with a number of former TT riders who will join the on air Team.

Energy FM will, for the first time, be able to bring you the complete live practice and racing commentary, in full on our Digital platforms.

On our FM frequencies, we will bring you the official live feeds from the new Commentary Team, with updates, the live pre-race build up and start, together with live coverage throughout the practices and races.

The changes come about as part of a huge shake up of broadcast arrangements for the TT which inlcude the addition of live television coverage produced by Greenlight Television.

The only thing we can be assured of is that it be all motivated by petty in-fighting and end up costing the taxpayer.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’ve been having a very weird experience listening to the 8am news on the Echo Dot via Tunein radio. All the presenters’ voices are 1/2 tones lower. I know it’s Ben Hartley but it sounds like he’s a grown man (no offence Ben - you know what I mean).

Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? 

Yes, we have experienced this. It seems to be only MR (not other stations) and it only happens on TuneIn. Radioplayer is fine, although that only picks up FM.

Tynwald, the other day, was especially dreary with most members sounding as if they were pissed......

3 hours ago, Lost Login said:

They may not be producing but on the TT website it says "Radio TT remains a free service and requires no subscription. Simply tune in on-island via Manx Radio’s FM and AM frequencies, or click on to iomttraces.com to listen from anywhere in the world." 

They may not be producing but they appear to be broadcasting.

Can we put in a bid for the old  Manx radio commentary boxes  which I believe are redundant ,before Rob  sends them to the same place as the TT scoreboards ,  these were a treasure around the course , and part of the TT's history   is nothing sacred these days , ? is it change for the sake of change !  I wonder , 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I'm waiting for Manx Radio to find a tenuous local link to the Ukraine crisis. 

Yes - They will probably broadcast a prolonged interview with someone who was once bitten by a dog belonging to someone whose neighbour had recently watched a documentary about Chernobyl. (They could even get Philly Gawne to do an instant whiney translation into Manx, in the way they do signing for the Deaf on TV.)

• Haha 2