Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

On 2/18/2022 at 4:20 PM, Nellie said:

Yes, we have experienced this. It seems to be only MR (not other stations) and it only happens on TuneIn. Radioplayer is fine, although that only picks up FM.

Tynwald, the other day, was especially dreary with most members sounding as if they were pissed......

It's a known issue caused by the electorate returning candidates that are dreary and sound as if they're pissed. Some of them probably are - it would explain some of their decisions.

On 2/18/2022 at 7:27 PM, Omobono said:

Can we put in a bid for the old  Manx radio commentary boxes  which I believe are redundant ,before Rob  sends them to the same place as the TT scoreboards ,  these were a treasure around the course , and part of the TT's history   is nothing sacred these days , ? is it change for the sake of change !  I wonder , 

Are they not also used on the tynwald day grandstand? That will reduce the value of your bid 🙂

7 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I'm waiting for Manx Radio to find a tenuous local link to the Ukraine crisis. 

When IOMG issues a statement condemning the actions of Russia, but IOMG is waiting to see what everyone else says.

Then there will be an incomprensible statement, and the office junior will be despatched to Mostly Manx for a hamper of Manx produce to be sent to both sides, (you wouldn't want offend either, just in case).

Job done as a "player on the international stage". 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

More poor journalism? This time from ONE of the Deputy News Editors:

The offender was caught on CCTV damaging stock and electrical items, smashing glasses and removing kegs of beer from fridges.

So - does this mean that the perp was actually apprehended? Or was it just his/her image that was captured?

(I don't know why so many News Editors and multimedia journalists are required for a Newsroom that seems to actually close down at about 3pm every day.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, KERED said:

More poor journalism? This time from ONE of the Deputy News Editors:

The offender was caught on CCTV damaging stock and electrical items, smashing glasses and removing kegs of beer from fridges.

So - does this mean that the perp was actually apprehended? Or was it just his/her image that was captured?

(I don't know why so many News Editors and multimedia journalists are required for a Newsroom that seems to actually close down at about 3pm every day.)

Clearly his image only and not apprehended.

16 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think caught or captured on CCTV is acceptable and image is implied.

Offender has been apprehended, arrested and charged

Fair enough John. (Although I am not sure I entirely agree with you. On the Webpage and in their earlier broadcasts, there was no mention of the perp having been apprehended, arrested and charged. Just that he had been caught on CCTV.

4 minutes ago, KERED said:

Fair enough John. (Although I am not sure I entirely agree with you. On the Webpage and in their earlier broadcasts, there was no mention of the perp having been apprehended, arrested and charged. Just that he had been caught on CCTV.

Arrest was later. It’s on IoM Constabulary Media Page

You can catch or capture a likeness on photo, film or video. What’s the difference with CCTV?

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Arrest was later. It’s on IoM Constabulary Media Page

You can catch or capture a likeness on photo, film or video. What’s the difference with CCTV?

OK John. We will have to agree to differ on this.

Yes - the arrest etc was later, but in earlier broadcasts they merely said he had been captured on CCTV.   (and. . . by your own words it is the likeness  which is captured on Photo, CCTV etc. )         Amen to this. .. . . .