Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, Happier diner said:

I am afraid it weakens your argument and is certainly not necessary. IMO.

I disagree. 

The words used are very reflective of what he's posted the last few days. I prefer to call it exactly as I see it. 

It won't be a regular occurrence but I stand by it, on this occasion. 

• Confused 1

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

Did you start drinking early today? Sorry you’re just trolling and trying to start arguments where there are none. If you don’t like content then block the poster rather than trying to childishly censor the whole forum of content or discussions you don’t agree with. That’s certainly what I’ll be doing with you. 

I'm not trolling. It's quite clear from my posts what my issue is with you. I've made it plain.

I'm brokenhearted you'll be censoring me, how will I survive? The fact you feel the need to add this shows how full of your own self-importance you are. 

• Confused 1

The problem with the South African newsreader is neither nationality or whether English is her first language or not. Her phrasing and syntax is just really odd and she reads the news as though it’s the first time she’s read the information. It’s worse than Howie’s speech reading-out. And that’s saying something. 

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

The problem with the South African newsreader is neither nationality or whether English is her first language or not. Her phrasing and syntax is just really odd and she reads the news as though it’s the first time she’s read the information. It’s worse than Howie’s speech reading-out. And that’s saying something. 

It is exactly that.  Stephen Hawking used to have better phrasing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Youaintseenme said:

She is very difficult for some people to understand. My Dad can’t get a word of it so turns off.

Being able to clearly speak and be understood by the people listening is a fairly significant requirement for a news reader isn’t it?

Must confess I have to strain to work out what she is saying sometimes. Which you really shouldn’t have to do.

• Like 3