Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

15 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Must confess I have to strain to work out what she is saying sometimes. Which you really shouldn’t have to do.

Me too - and the missus.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Kopek said:

'' and the Missus''???? Can you not remember her name???

He just means he hasn't a clue what his wife's on about. That's normal for most of us.

(Ah. I see the site just made me an "apprentice". Ain't that nice?)

Edited by woolley
  • Like 1

Pile back in Woolley.

It is a basic rule that a newsreader should speak in a clear voice. Except at Manx Radio. It's not racist or xenophobic to comment on a newsreader who doesn't meet that basic rule.

Just heard Bogota (Capital of Colombia) pronounced 'Bogotter' by another newsreader. Real amateur stuff up there. Terry Cringle, Peter Kneale, David Callister etc would be wincing at that one. 

• Like 6

On 3/25/2022 at 6:03 PM, Itsmeee said:

The problem with the South African newsreader is neither nationality or whether English is her first language or not. Her phrasing and syntax is just really odd and she reads the news as though it’s the first time she’s read the information. It’s worse than Howie’s speech reading-out. And that’s saying something. 

Assuming this is a different Saffa to the girl that used to be on 3FM in the mornings? 

She used to crack me up mangling some of the Manx place names. 

The rest of her presentation stuff was reasonably good however. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

Manx Radio called out for using debunked information in article about electric cars. 

https://www.facebook.com/108643994034365/posts/506714287560665/?d=n

Stu been doing a bit of freelancing?

No, but I heartily applaud any attempt to dispel the narrative that electric cars and pushbikes will save the planet.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, forestboy said:

Anyone is better than Andy Wint. 

Well you make a good point. Could you imagine AW reading the news? He would change everything and slip in his own nuances and inflexions to suit his agenda (ie to make him sound authoritative, all-knowing and he who knows best).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Declan said:

Even by using fake stats?

The whole climate emergency is fuelled by dubious stats from both sides - didn't MR use 'old' stats rather than faked ones? I doubt anyone at MR was trying to deceive in this story.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Stu Peters said:

The whole climate emergency is fuelled by dubious stats from both sides - didn't MR use 'old' stats rather than faked ones? I doubt anyone at MR was trying to deceive in this story.

Why build a news story out of an old report. You're probably right it's sloppiness rather than intent. But the effect is to perpetuate a lie, and that enables people like you to obfuscate.  

• Like 1