Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 hour ago, Stu Peters said:

No, but I heartily applaud any attempt to dispel the narrative that electric cars and pushbikes will save the planet.

I don't think anyone is claiming they will 'save the planet'. I think it would certainly help though.

Your vague comments on this are laughable, including the interview you did about the money allocated to it recently.

I would 'heartily applaud' anything by you to actually back up your scepticism.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I don't think anyone is claiming they will 'save the planet'. I think it would certainly help though.

Your vague comments on this are laughable, including the interview you did about the money allocated to it recently.

I would 'heartily applaud' anything by you to actually back up your scepticism.

Indeed. There are many things we can do:

• Breed less / later, there are far too many of us
  • East less or no meat, save the Amazon
  • Stop using non-renewable fuels
  • Stop heating the whole house
  • More...

Anyone who thinks giving Daphne 42 million is a good idea and will have the slightest influence on global warming is naive.   This is just a gesture and a nod to the green zealots to stop them glueing themselves to the horse tram lines.   Why not encourage the cyclists to come back for racing it used to be a grand week and we certainly have the course for it, plenty of hills and dales. Instead motor bikes and rally cars are the preferred option neither can be termed as green especially the vans etc that support them.   The thinking is contradictory in the extreme neither fish nor fowl.   

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Len Trench said:

The ex-Prince Phillip is in the “news” today. He is quoted saying when he passed he would like to come back as a pathogen as there are too many people.

True - bring it on!

1 hour ago, Len Trench said:

The ex-Prince Phillip is in the “news” today. He is quoted saying when he passed he would like to come back as a pathogen as there are too many people.

He was already halfway there as he was already noxious.

Edited by jackwhite

8 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Indeed. There are many things we can do:

• Breed less / later, there are far too many of us
  • East less or no meat, save the Amazon
  • Stop using non-renewable fuels
  • Stop heating the whole house
  • More...

Let old fat people die naturally, no medical interventions to prolong their insufferable whinging about wokeness.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

Let old fat people die naturally, no medical interventions to prolong their insufferable whinging about wokeness.

Speaking for myself, I'm all for that. Death will be a blessed release from the woke nonsense you assumedly peddle.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, hissingsid said:

Anyone who thinks giving Daphne 42 million is a good idea and will have the slightest influence on global warming is naive.   This is just a gesture and a nod to the green zealots to stop them glueing themselves to the horse tram lines.   Why not encourage the cyclists to come back for racing it used to be a grand week and we certainly have the course for it, plenty of hills and dales. Instead motor bikes and rally cars are the preferred option neither can be termed as green especially the vans etc that support them.   The thinking is contradictory in the extreme neither fish nor fowl.   

I thought the £42m was for budgeted net zero work various departments have [& should be getting on with], & that there is £3m at the disposal of the Climate Board?

23 hours ago, Len Trench said:

Correct, reduce the world population by 66% and climate change would no longer be an issue. @Stu Peterscould then drive round in a V8 without worrying about global warming

Edited by ellanvannin2010

54 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Correct, reduce the world population by 66% and climate change would no longer be an issue. @Stu Peterscould then drive round in a V8 without worrying about global warming

I already do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4