Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

3 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Who is Richard Powell?

I thought he was once described as a ‘businessman’. Well the IOM does have a habit of attracting them. We can have all the policies of attracting new residents, families and people relocating to the island, to work as ‘key workers’, but if some are ‘bad uns’ and may have criminal records from the UK, we may be bringing in trouble. Maybe deportation and exclusion ban from the island as a deterrent maybe sufficient?

5 hours ago, Two-lane said:

"Jez is well-known for his scruffy appearance and has become something of an online celebrity."

Is this the right thread?

To be fair perhaps Jez the Cat would be better serving the good people of Castletown. The Cat can’t do any worse.

9 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Who is Richard Powell?

An alleged businessman/HNW, the sort the Island is anxious to attract in the name of economic salvation. To some people.

To others, an arrogant prick with an increasing list of offences to his name.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

An alleged businessman/HNW, the sort the Island is anxious to attract in the name of economic salvation. To some people.

To others, an arrogant prick with an increasing list of offences to his name.

And crashed helicopters…

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

There are two types of people on the island. Those who have personal experience of Richard and know that he is an absolute self serving asshole with no care for anyone or anything other than Richard Powell.

And then there’s are those who haven’t met him yet and have to ask who he is. I would kindly suggest you remain in the second category. 

Sound advice young lady...

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

You are my new best friend. 
Fancy a coffee sometime? 😃

Every time someone asks me how I see myself when I’m older, I never know what to say. But then you came along with the offer of coffee. Now I know precisely what I want – I want to drink coffee with you until I’m old and gray... :flowers:

39 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Every time someone asks me how I see myself when I’m older, I never know what to say. But then you came along with the offer of coffee. Now I know precisely what I want – I want to drink coffee with you until I’m old and gray... :flowers:

Crack on, fella!

• Haha 1