Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

13 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Fair comment, but my point was that Stu didn't offer up anything other than shite sarcasm.

As much as I like your posts, I have to say that I can never understand all the hating and berating of Stu Peters. :o

I could be wrong on his arrival here, but I remember him working for Telecabs, doing long and unsocial hours, just to survive and pay the rent.

He has since, progressed to doing (IMO) a very useful job at Manx Radio, running his own Multi Media company and running a successful café on Athol St.

I would class that as a major success and proof that hard work and determination pays off.

I congratulate Stu on his achievements and wish him ever success. 

Why Oh why do others want to do him down ?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Don't take this the wrong way Dilligaf but I always had you and Stu down as long lost twins from your posts. 

Maybe that was because of our shared love of Pink Floyd, fast cars and women :lol:.

I wish I has his business acumen. ( and Lottie, musical ability and gift of the gab )

Edited by dilligaf

35 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

As much as I like your posts, I have to say that I can never understand all the hating and berating of Stu Peters. :o

I could be wrong on his arrival here, but I remember him working for Telecabs, doing long and unsocial hours, just to survive and pay the rent.

He has since, progressed to doing (IMO) a very useful job at Manx Radio, running his own Multi Media company and running a successful café on Athol St.

I would class that as a major success and proof that hard work and determination pays off.

I congratulate Stu on his achievements and wish him ever success. 

Why Oh why do others want to do him down ?

I don't know the guy. All I asked is why he didn't post a sensible response instead of a shitty sarcastic attempt. So no hatred

1 hour ago, Neil Down said:

Fair comment, but my point was that Stu didn't offer up anything other than shite sarcasm.

and I'm not debating that post, it was when you said "probably doesn't cut it"

that's why I quoted it in my opening query

16 hours ago, notwell said:

The people (externally) who designed the website are at fault in my opinion and need to sort it out by the look of it .  Probably too busy trying to charge more for something that should have been done correctly in the first place.

You have to scroll down to the bottom of the listings.  There about forty signed up.  Which will no doubt mean that it's more than paid for itself but looking at it someone in senior management should be on the phone to the website developer telling them to get it sorted.  

The 'notwell fact' that 40 companies have signed up to a shit website that offers zero value is a either a credit to Manx Radio sales teams ability to bullshit or a clear sign that that Manx Radio advertisers are too thick to know what they are signing up for. It is an obviously shit design that really should have been sorted out before launch, the design flaws were signed off by senior management as was the silly idea in the first place and as for shit websites Manx Radio never learn, look at http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ a page that loads 266 news stories by default, no paging and a massive load on the server and the clients bandwidth why they keep trying to get involved in stuff they clearly don't understand at all and why they are allowed to keep throwing taxpayer money at it is unbelievable.

Edited by j2bad

1 hour ago, j2bad said:

The 'notwell fact' that 40 companies have signed up to a shit website that offers zero value is a either a credit to Manx Radio sales teams ability to bullshit or a clear sign that that Manx Radio advertisers are too thick to know what they are signing up for. It is an obviously shit design that really should have been sorted out before launch, the design flaws were signed off by senior management as was the silly idea in the first place and as for shit websites Manx Radio never learn, look at http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ a page that loads 266 news stories by default, no paging and a massive load on the server and the clients bandwidth why they keep trying to get involved in stuff they clearly don't understand at all and why they are allowed to keep throwing taxpayer money at it is unbelievable.

I'm not sure what you are after. A bit of very basic research shows how many are signed up. I've helped you.

And you are contradicting yourself.  You slag them off by saying they are doing something they don't understand then slag them off for handing over the design and implementation to someone who does.

In  already said the fault lies with senior management and they need to pick up the phone clearly and get the external party in hand.

I don't see how they are really throwing money at it.  It isn't a huge cost project and will have paid for itself comfortably.  So if they can push it and develop it further it makes good money.   The idea is fine.   Local people supporting local business.  Who knew eh?

• 1 month later...

Why oh why oh why oh why do manx radio censor the pills part of katy perry's "I know  you ain't afraid to pop pills" line in calvin harris's feels masterpiece? It can't be to protect the children, energy don't censor it, therefore it must be to protect the sensitive ears of the older listener?  Bizarre.

A  disgruntled manx radio superfan.

Edited by the stinking enigma