Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Have to say Alex  Brindley when he’s  hosting the mannin line is very very good he asks some good probing questions much better than Winty (I think am cleverer than my listeners chap) Beth is also very good. Kate Brennan on today who I thought would be a good Mhk came across as poor fair play to the Sharon women who called her out. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Have to say Alex  Brindley when he’s  hosting the mannin line is very very good he asks some good probing questions much better than Winty (I think am cleverer than my listeners chap) Beth is also very good. Kate Brennan on today who I thought would be a good Mhk came across as poor fair play to the Sharon women who called her out. 

At first I thought it was Ray Harmer or Tim Crookall doing an impression of Agnes Brown.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Just watched the clip.  The upshot is we need to see deciveness and action on many fronts: climate change - not voting a huge budget to more reports, FOIs, government communications, Manx Care accountability.

It was a good programme and I agree Alex actually facilitated discussion rather than the usual Winty 'Barbara has asked this but she doesn't know what she is talking about does she Minister?'

I was  however, intrigued by the chat during the ad breaks. 

• Like 2

I was not impressed that Mr Brindley didn't pull David Quirk up on his racial slur on Mexicans, to say that his corrupted tape on his answer phone sounded like mexican jab,jab,jab.

As the official language of Mexico is Spanish, is he saying all spanish speaking people sound like corrupted tape machines.  I can't believe he is a former member of Parliament.

https://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/od/items/mannin-line-30th-june1/ 

23 minutes into show.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Holte End said:

I was not impressed that Mr Brindley didn't pull David Quirk up on his racial slur on Mexicans, to say that his corrupted tape on his answer phone sounded like mexican jab,jab,jab.

As the official language of Mexico is Spanish, is he saying all spanish speaking people sound like corrupted tape machines.  I can't believe he is a former member of Parliament.

23 minutes into show.

He did try & ask quirk why all these wonderful ideas he suggests weren’t put into practice when he was in power but he sidestepped questions &?waffled on about how present politicians need to engage more!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

23 minutes into show.

Quirkio is a few quivers on the dial above brain dead, so we can't be too surprised at the shite he spouts.  Also, don't forget which constituency he represented!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Quirkio is a few quivers on the dial above brain dead, so we can't be too surprised at the shite he spouts.  Also, don't forget which constituency he represented!

That's ok then, I am told he is actually a local commissioner. ffs.