Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

Per head of listeners, I would be pretty confident it is many, many less than Manx Radio

They will have a lot of people working on Radio 2 including 

Producer/ several assistant Producers/ Sound Engineer. Note Nanx radio won’t have any of them as the presenter will multi task ! Then they have a travel reporter and a news reader who will be supported by an enormous news team . It might also be worthwhile calculating the cost to put the Radio 2 breakfast show on air compared to Manx Radio . 

Just because the per head of listeners is lower it does not mean fewer resources are required to produce the shows . I think you will find that they multi task and do so to provide some variety and a different perspective. You might not like but that’s the idea and quite a lot of people do . 
Unless you really understand the industry I suggest you think carefully before making sweeping comments and statements! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, IOM said:

They will have a lot of people working on Radio 2 including 

Producer/ several assistant Producers/ Sound Engineer. Note Nanx radio won’t have any of them as the presenter will multi task ! Then they have a travel reporter and a news reader who will be supported by an enormous news team . It might also be worthwhile calculating the cost to put the Radio 2 breakfast show on air compared to Manx Radio . 

Just because the per head of listeners is lower it does not mean fewer resources are required to produce the shows . I think you will find that they multi task and do so to provide some variety and a different perspective. You might not like but that’s the idea and quite a lot of people do . 
Unless you really understand the industry I suggest you think carefully before making sweeping comments and statements! 

So you ignored the question about TT listernship.

Are you now suggesting Manx Radio Breakfast has a lower cost per listener than Radio 2 does?  I would love to see some stats to back that up 😂

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

So you ignored the question about TT listernship.

Are you now suggesting Manx Radio Breakfast has a lower cost per listener than Radio 2 does?  I would love to see some stats to back that up 😂

So where did I say the that Manx radio has a lower cost per listener? You have clearly not read my post! But for the record you do realise that the presenter at Radio 2 gets paid over £1m a year ? I think it was you but maybe someone else who said in a previous post that presenters on radio shows read the news themselves! I asked which stations and I am still waiting to hear the answer !!!!! Your comments are just so ill informed it’s unbelievable. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IOM said:

So where did I say the that Manx radio has a lower cost per listener? You have clearly not read my post! But for the record you do realise that the presenter at Radio 2 gets paid over £1m a year ? I think it was you but maybe someone else who said in a previous post that presenters on radio shows read the news themselves! I asked which stations and I am still waiting to hear the answer !!!!! Your comments are just so ill informed it’s unbelievable. 

Wasn’t me who said that.

I still think the cost to put on the show per listener will be more for Manx Radio. I basically think Manx Radio is an awful station and a massive drain on the taxpayer.

You think different and that is fair enough.

• Like 2

Just now, Asthehills said:

Wasn’t me who said that.

I still think the cost to put on the show per listener will be more for Manx Radio. I basically think Manx Radio is an awful station and a massive drain on the taxpayer.

You think different and that is fair enough.

Yes I do think differently. You might also want to compare the cost of running Manx radio compared to Bbc local radio which is essentially the same thing . But then again I know you will understand all that detail !!!! 

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Are you suggesting that Manx Radio don’t see a big upturn in listeners of TT?

Thats not what their sales people said when they were trying to sell us advertising for the fortnight, but ok then.

But those extra listeners will be from off-Island and so won't be picked up by Rajar's methods.  Rajar aren't interested in short-term events, but in year-round listening (Manx figures are a rolling average over the previous 12 months).

10 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

But those extra listeners will be from off-Island and so won't be picked up by Rajar's methods.  Rajar aren't interested in short-term events, but in year-round listening (Manx figures are a rolling average over the previous 12 months).

I am an extra listener over TT and I live here.  So does my wife, my brother, my sister in law and other people who never listen but tune in for the races.

I suppose that might be cancelled out by the oldies who normally listen and who go to Skegness to avoid the only two weeks of the year the island is a fun place to be?

7 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I am an extra listener over TT and I live here.  So does my wife, my brother, my sister in law and other people who never listen but tune in for the races.

I suppose that might be cancelled out by the oldies who normally listen and who go to Skegness to avoid the only two weeks of the year the island is a fun place to be?

Ah so Manx radio is not a drain to you  then ?