Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

2 minutes ago, AOR said:

I found the Manx Radio announcements regarding Steam Packet sailings very useful. The Steam Packet can't be arsed to put the information on their own site. Maybe that will change when it is fully government owned?

The Steam Packet published updates today at 08:58, 09:55 and 17:28.

It just took me the time between your post and this one to find them.

7 minutes ago, AOR said:

I found the Manx Radio announcements regarding Steam Packet sailings very useful. The Steam Packet can't be arsed to put the information on their own site. Maybe that will change when it is fully government owned?

Errr, it is fully government owned. They’re really good at updating the latest sailings page on the web site and on FB and to the media.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I've known one person (they got one about 7 years ago). Never heard of another though, in a lot of people over a lot of years.

But would anyone actually admit they got one which led to the government propaganda machine we ended up with? Might as well move the MR newsdesk to the government press release office...or Ballakermeen media studies year 1.

I did one. A couple of months ago

Not sure how that relates to a government propaganda machine.

Just gave honest answers as to what radio stations I listened to, at what time and via what medium (home, car radio, smartphones, Alexa etc)

Took the option to donate my £5 reward for doing so to Cancer Care and received  my free pen.

Whats the problem?

5 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just gave honest answers as to what radio stations I listened to, at what time and via what medium (home, car radio, smartphones, Alexa etc)

Took the option to donate my £5 reward for doing so to Cancer Care and received  my free pen.

Whats the problem?

How? Did you volunteer? 

12 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Whats the problem?

Like I said.  Old people with time on their hands.

Hardly of the general population and artificially weighted on Manx Radios favour.

1 hour ago, HiVibes said:

I have done a rajar survey, if you say you listen for 2 mins once a week to hear the weather, you are put down as a listener on equal footing to an actual listener.

Any claims of audience based solely on rajar just are not credible.

It would be interesting if Manx radio published the stats for downloads of podcasts, or streams via Alexa of this content loads of people love so much.

Perhaps if some posters did a little simple desk top research they may find things out . For example did you know there are 56,800 subscribers to the Manx Radio smartphone notification service . Or more than 37.8 million website page reviews . More than 4.2 million video views . 262,428 2021 election mini site web page views . The data is all there for you to read try doing some research it can sometimes help !!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, IOM said:

Perhaps if some posters did a little simple desk top research they may find things out . For example did you know there are 56,800 subscribers to the Manx Radio smartphone notification service . Or more than 37.8 million website page reviews . More than 4.2 million video views . 262,428 2021 election mini site web page views . The data is all there for you to read try doing some research it can sometimes help !!!!

Would not want actual verified data to go against research at the tyre repair workshops though 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, IOM said:

Are those figures higher or lower than 3FM?  If I viewed the election mini site from the Manx Radio office would that count as multiple views?

If I viewed it from home multiple times would that count as multiple views?

Edited by Asthehills

1 minute ago, IOM said:

Oh great if all this information is publically available, then link the sources and we can do some simple 'desk top' reserch of website page reviews.

Just now, Asthehills said:

Are those figures higher or lower than 3FM?

You really are somewhat lacking aren’t you . For example 3fm did not do any live election coverage for a start .  And they don’t publish their data for content so I have no idea . But given the islands population is circa 85,000 you can do a quick calculation to work it out ! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, IOM said:

Your listener must have very sore fingers by now 😉

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Oh great if all this information is publically available, then link the sources and we can do some simple 'desk top' reserch of website page reviews.

Yes it’s publically available in Tynwald !  It’s all on the Manx radio website in the directors report which is an audited document. Like I said you don’t have to look far ! 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, IOM said:

You really are somewhat lacking aren’t you . For example 3fm did not do any live election coverage for a start .  And they don’t publish their data for content so I have no idea . But given the islands population is circa 85,000 you can do a quick calculation to work it out ! 

It’s very easy to do like for like measures on social media or website traffic.

3FM win on nearly all counts without any public money being thrown at them.

• Confused 1