Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, Asthehills said:

Get out of town ffs 😂

What a well considered post ! I respect your opinion you don’t like local radio that’s fine that’s your choice . I and others do like local radio. I have throughout the thread provided actual data to support my view ( unless I am wrong I have not seen any from you ) . It’s a shame you don’t seem prepared to even consider the counter argument but I know you have considered your arguments very carefully so thankyou ! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, IOM said:

What a well considered post ! I respect your opinion you don’t like local radio that’s fine that’s your choice . I and others do like local radio. I have throughout the thread provided actual data to support my view ( unless I am wrong I have not seen any from you ) . It’s a shame you don’t seem prepared to even consider the counter argument but I know you have considered your arguments very carefully so thankyou ! 

I just gave you some data.  What do you think of the fact that this thread has nearly a million views in sales speak?

Edited by Asthehills

9 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

That’s fine.  All license payers pay for that.

IOM was using the fact that people who don’t pay for MR content listen to it as a justification for them existing 

Well no, the Radio licence fee was abandoned many years ago.

You don’t need a licence just to listen to the radio

• Confused 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

Well no, the Radio licence fee was abandoned many years ago.

You don’t need a licence just to listen to the radio

So does my TV license payment not part fund BBC radio?  I genuinely thought it was a general contribution towards the BBC so if you can show me otherwise I stand corrected.

BBC radio seem to often talk about license payers on air and how they have to be careful with license payers money?

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

I just gave you some data.  What do you think of the fact that this thread has nearly a million views on sales speak?

It’s good it says people have opinions here on the island and that’s a good thing . Within those numbers some will agree with you some will agree with me . And it’s good that we have forums like this to share opinions there is no right or wrong . 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

So does my TV license payment not part fund BBC radio?  I genuinely thought it was a general contribution towards the BBC so if you can show me otherwise I stand corrected.

BBC radio seem to often talk about license payers on air and how they have to be careful with license payers money?

Well it may part fund BBC radio, but as I understand it it is not necessary to buy a TV licence to listen to the radio. BB C or not. No doubt someone will provide the definitive answer.

• Haha 1

Just now, IOM said:

It’s good it says people have opinions here on the island and that’s a good thing . Within those numbers some will agree with you some will agree with me . And it’s good that we have forums like this to share opinions there is no right or wrong . 

But can you see how a salesman (or a radio station) could massively manipulate those figures, which are accurate, to make it look Like there was far more engagement than there actually was?

You quoted Manx Radio figures earlier.  You must understand that you and I between us are probably 1000 views on this thread in the last three hours?

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

I said license payers pay for it, so I have no idea what your point is?

Maybe tax payers pay for it.? Or comes out of general Government funds ( mainly taxpayers money).

I may not buy a TV licence ( if for example I don’t have a TV)  but can still listen to the radio. What’s so hard to understand about that?

6 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

But can you see how a salesman (or a radio station) could massively manipulate those figures, which are accurate, to make it look Like there was far more engagement than there actually was?

You quoted Manx Radio figures earlier.  You must understand that you and I between us are probably 1000 views on this thread in the last three hours?

Tell you what here is another statistic for you . Take a quick look back to page 720 and see how many people liked Cindarellas post and then later mine and compare to any of your posts . Maybe worth thinking about ? 

2 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Maybe tax payers pay for it.? Or comes out of general Government funds ( mainly taxpayers money).

I may not buy a TV licence ( if for example I don’t have a TV)  but can still listen to the radio. What’s so hard to understand about that?

I specifically said that people who pay for a license pay for BBC radio.  They do.  What’s so hard to understand about that?