Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

7 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Didn’t say I could?  Where did I suggest that?

(Sigh). I’ve re-read precisely how you phrased it.  You didn’t.  Mea culpa.

Oh well, another promising discussion about music turns into an argument about MF demographics.   Do you guys never get fed up with the self-referential and the navel-gazing?

16 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Similarly Lou Reed -Transformer (2nd?) However I think that because that album was so great, the follow up Berlin, although not being as good was underrated.

I’d suggest that Berlin was actually the better album - but it was darker (a hard listen) and didn’t have any hit singles.

42 minutes ago, finlo said:

You more a Little mix fan?

I am like a lot of people in their forties.

Radiohead, Ocean Colour Scene, Pulp, The Verve, Cast, Oasis, Blur that sort of stuff plus a bit of 90’s trance and the sort of shit the played in Jimmy B’s, The Cave, Toffs, The Tardis, Jefferson’s and The Venue.

Then if the mood takes I love a bit of Classical stuff to chill out and ponder the world.

I think it’s fair to say most people musical preferences are what was popular when they were in their teens isn’t it?  Hours spent in your bedroom, in clubs or when you first were afforded the freedom of driving with the tunes of the times playing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

Oh well, another promising discussion about music turns into an argument about MF demographics.   Do you guys never get fed up with the self-referential and the navel-gazing?

Ah .  You are confusing music listening with radio listening.  Two different things 

52 minutes ago, finlo said:

You more a Little mix fan?

I once txt in and asked for One Ok Rock song , A japanese rock group. The stupidity of the presenter @Stu Peterswas to say " We don't play songs in foreign languages. and prefer to play well known groups.  he then went on to play some obscure north american shindig song that only he could call music. Someone else txt in to tell him the song had over 50 million views on youtube, I thought, thats a little advance for a Manx Radio presenters to understand.

Edited by Holte End

1 hour ago, Jarndyce said:

We'll be calling each other Hitler and fascist next.

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

I would be pretty confident that the demographic here is over 50, probably over 60.  The same as Manx Radio.  Sometimes you can use you brain rather than needing data to back it up.

How about asking people?  

I will start as clearly a youngster ion here at 48

Wow, still in short trousers?

65 here...

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Similarly Lou Reed -Transformer (2nd?) However I think that because that album was so great, the follow up Berlin, although not being as good was underrated.

The same cannot be said of Metal Machine Music however

It was Bowie's influence and assistance which made transformer what it is.

• Like 1