Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

20 minutes ago, Augustus said:

Like it's been written by a 5-year-old. There is no quality control. They don't care. 

"TT marshall"

Cici has been offered a place at the Liverpool Institute for performing arts to study design in September this year. 

But she doesn't have the funds. She's since setup a Crowdfunding page

It's a cunning plan to show that they're not all written by ChatGPT, which clearly wouldn't make such obvious errors.

20 minutes ago, Holte End said:

No Vowels, Phil Gawne not doing the Mannin line again is he. 

No it's consonants that the Gawnean drawl is perpetually short of.

On 5/9/2023 at 1:40 PM, Ativa said:

Pointless.

No use in the car as it will just drop out all the time, and doesn’t cover most of the TT course.

E52D9503-F304-4798-87EA-FDC5BC17F13C.jpeg

Tuned in yesterday. Seem to have more UK stations now. Worked brilliantly. Didn't stray far from the megalopolis though. Hope it stays. 

I was listening to MR the other day and they played a Bruce Springsteen song. Think it was “Dancing in the dark”:. Can’t remember now. But the presenter (she sounded very young) said it was a Bruce Willis song.

OK in the scheme  of things it was a small mistake and it doesn’t really matter but as a music obsessive it grated a bit with me!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Radio TT

Is it just me or does Jennie have a little bit of a stint in her speech delivery? I keep thinking my radio is briefly cutting out all the time. It might be an affectation, as is the way with young folk these days, I'm not sure.

Chris 'Kinners' Kinley has learnt to stop keeping on telling people "not to swear, you're live on air". (Jeez, if he was interviewing the Guvnor his self, he would remind him not to swear). An interviewer's demeanour and reputation should make such things obvious. viz Peter Kneale, Charlie Williams and up to a point Geoff Cannell.

Good to hear Beth Espey get a piece of the TT radio action.

Got to mention Jonny "no H...and no E too" Moss . Not sure what to say, but he's doing his bit ok and he's enjoying himself. 

I do remember the days when 'DJs' were brought over for radio TT, it was just a few of the commentators who were local. 

I miss the constant French and German translations but I don't know why (was it a Heike who did the announcements?) It served to place the Isle of Man TT into an entirely different world for the fortnight.

• Like 2

The French and German translations used to give the T.T. a real international feel when they were on. God knows why they stopped them. I still reach for the off-switch whenever they play music, usually about four minutes after the news and weather bulletins. Thousands of T.T. visitors pass my window every day and they're almost all over 50+ yet Manx Radio stubbornly stick to the same rotation of Brindley's banging tunes for young single mums.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Barlow said:

Chris 'Kinners' Kinley has learnt to stop keeping on telling people "not to swear, you're live on air". (Jeez, if he was interviewing the Guvnor his self, he would remind him not to swear)

“Kinners” Kinsey: “Don’t swear, you’re live on air”

Lieutenant-Governor: “Fuck off, Mr Kinsey…”

eta: can’t actually guarantee that this is how the conversation went…

Edited by Jarndyce
eta
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

“Kinners” Kinsey: “Don’t swear, you’re live on air”

Lieutenant-Governor: “Fuck off, Mr Kinsey…”

eta: can’t actually guarantee that this is how the conversation went…

I think Kinsey was a sexologist…

• Haha 1

A man and his wife are out walking one day when they spot a bloke sitting alone in a bus shelter on the other side of the road

‘That looks like the Archbishop of Canterbury over there," says the woman.’

‘Go and ask him if he is.’

The husband crosses the road and asks the man if he is indeed the Archbishop of Canterbury.

‘Fuck off,’ says the man.

The husband crosses back to his wife who asks: ‘What did he say? Is he the Archbishop of Canterbury?’

‘He told me to fuck off,’ says the husband.

‘Oh no,’ replies the wife, ‘now we’ll never know.’

(Copyright, the last joke told by Barry Cryer)

• Haha 3