Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

St Johns caught with cannabis and prescription medication for supply

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/st-johns-caught-with-cannabis-and-prescription-medication-for-supply/

Deputy Information Commissioner quits to due to 'lack of funding and staff'

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/deputy-information-commissioner-quits-to-due-to-lack-of-funding-and-staff/

I'd love to know which third-rater writes these slovenly headlines for Manx Radio News. No editing and no quality control.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

Agree, seems to be overstaffed to me do you really need to double up or even triple up on programmes also with newsreaders can’t the presenter just do it. They could make considerable savings without trying to hard me thinks.

Their website shows 15 people in their News team. 

Wow.

Half the newsreaders stumble over reading the script live on air. They only have to do it once an hour and mostly it's a repeat of the previous bulleen anyway. So why not practise in a quiet corner somewhere, it's embarrassing for the so called Nations Station. 

Basically the £1m subvention covers the £1m salary bill at MR. Tells you all you need to know about the organisation. Maybe we ought to defund MR over a 5 year time frame by reducing the subvention by 20% a year.

Move them to small modern studio in an office space in town, put archives into secure storage and sell off the site on Douglas Head to developers.

If they need to 'see' whats going on arounf the bay give them a few HD webcams at the Sea Terminal.

Oh and while they are at it Government ought to be tendering the advertising for all commercial public adverts such as Railways & Gaeity etc. so we get value for money. If they aren't already.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Move them to small modern studio in an office space in town, put archives into secure storage and sell off the site on Douglas Head to developers.

They should have done that years ago.

3 hours ago, GreyWolf said:

Agree, seems to be overstaffed to me do you really need to double up or even triple up on programmes also with newsreaders can’t the presenter just do it. They could make considerable savings without trying to hard me thinks.

Where on earth do you think the news about the island comes from ? Do you think the newsreaders just come along each hour then disappear? There job is to gather the news which we all then get to hear . Also one of the people on the website is a local democracy reporter paid for by the BBC and several are ad hoc freelance to my knowledge . And on the subject of the BBC you might want to ask them why the Isle of Man does not have a local radio station like across . 

As regards the presenter reading the news I am still waiting to hear from one poster who claimed most presenters did that on other radio stations across - I am still waiting for them to tell me which radio stations they are !!!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1