Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

That is when my radio goes off he is the most annoying subscriber bar none and goes on for ever.    I think Mannin Line would improve if there was a time limit on each phone in 2 minutes is ample to get the point over without repeating yourself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

There is a fella called Tony that talks some shit too. He was talking about an enquiry into Summerland. You couldn't have made it up what he was saying

Well, actually you could have made it up, because he actually did.

Almost everything he said was totally incorrect. He couldn't have read it anywhere, for example, "Summerland was made from Plexiglass" as it was all bullshit, so he must have just made it up. 

He's probably the most arrogant and all-knowing prick among the regular callers, and there is a lot of competition for that title.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

The caller Eddie had some very valid points today about how the narrow roads would cope transporting the windfarm infrastructure bet Daffy and her green followers hadn’t considered that.

It's discussed in the report, and is one of the reasons they are not especially keen on the northern options. Clearly neither yourself or Eddie have read it.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, GreyWolf said:

The caller Eddie had some very valid points today about how the narrow roads would cope transporting the windfarm infrastructure bet Daffy and her green followers hadn’t considered that.

Yeah. Like they don't have narrow roads in Scotland and England and France and Holland. It always baffles we why we think our roads are particularly narrow. They are not. Just go to the Yorkshire Dales.

Sure it'll be a challenge, but they are used to it. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, WTF said:

who's the bonzo fella that gets to rattle on and talk bollocks ?, i can see why he's called bonzo.

Yes he’s an absolute idiot but you can’t help but listen to his bollocks.

Same reason I will ask Alexa sometimes to play Talk Radio. You listen to their right wing bollocks, usually about housing immigrants/ refugees for about ten minutes and it gets you annoyed enough to be fired up ready to face the day. Better than the caffeine in a cup of coffee

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ADELE said:

That is when my radio goes off he is the most annoying subscriber bar none and goes on for ever.

Oh, com'on , switching the Archers off in the first two bars of the music is the Premier League of self censorship???

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Yeah. Like they don't have narrow roads in Scotland and England and France and Holland. It always baffles we why we think our roads are particularly narrow. They are not. Just go to the Yorkshire Dales.

Sure it'll be a challenge, but they are used to it. 

What's confusing about the statement @daisy? Do you want a better explanation? Seems straightforward to me. 

Wind turbines don't come in one piece you know. They come in pieces and get assembled on site. Sure, they are big pieces but they get them to all kinds of places. Even the Highlands of Scotland. 

11 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Same reason I will ask Alexa sometimes to play Talk Radio. You listen to their right wing bollocks, usually about housing immigrants/ refugees for about ten minutes and it gets you annoyed enough to be fired up ready for the day  

I never heard of Talk Radio but I’ve just asked Alexa to play it and within two minutes they were discussing the very topic you mentioned. I’m going to turn it off. I haven’t had nearly enough Earl Grey this morning to deal with it. 

10 hours ago, Happier diner said:

What's confusing about the statement @daisy? Do you want a better explanation? Seems straightforward to me. 

Wind turbines don't come in one piece you know. They come in pieces and get assembled on site. Sure, they are big pieces but they get them to all kinds of places. Even the Highlands of Scotland. 

maybe we should go for 10 little instead of 1 big so transporting parts is not a problem.

• Haha 1

More quality journalism from Manx Radio... 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/drop-in-uk-average-house-values-not-reflected-in-isle-of-man/

"A sharp, 4 per cent drop in the average property price in the UK over the past year, hasn't been mirrored in the Isle of Man." - BETWEEN JULY 2022 & JULY 2023

"Despite anecdotal evidence that the local market has slowed down, figures from propertyprices.im suggest the average sale price in July was around £12,000 higher than the previous month." - BETWEEN JUNE 2023 & JULY 2023 

You what 😂😵

Great job Manx Radio. Completely missed the point in UK statistics there and fudge it for the isle of man month to month. No problem on the IOM. Invest here, please we are desperate

Edited by Maugholdmafia
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Kopek said:

Oh, com'on , switching the Archers off in the first two bars of the music is the Premier League of self censorship???

It gets that far? I'll name that tune in one. It's gone before the second note. 70 years of bilge, and isn't there still an original cast member? Or was until very recently. Incredible.

• Haha 1