Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

Roger - this isn't my area of expertise, but I think what Alex was saying is that the telephone/TBU system has had a video facility as part of the software for some time, and the 'new' digital desks installed some years ago are able to send a 'voice present on channel' signal to it that automatically switches a number of minicams (rather than just one webcam) thereby making stuff visually more interesting. Should work well on programmes with lots of guests for example.

So I think it's only the minicams that had to be bought-in especially, and it all seems rather clever. I'm not keen on it - the cameras are clearly faulty as they make me look fat.

Cameras can only work with what they’ve got Stu...:thumbsup:

7 minutes ago, James Hampton said:

Yes, it was the 'sustaining' bit that caught my eye really. I assume this is marketing speak (like 'powered by'), that in real terms means 'paid for by'. 

So is that a government supported radio station using public funds to support a political lobbying group? Or am I missing something? 

I think you’re right. This has conflict of interest written all over it!

• Like 1

Even membership comes with an annual fee, so they’re definitely funding and a member of an active political group. I wonder what the Chamber of Commerce would have to say if Manx Radio were to join Unite the Union as a member?

Edited by LeoZeo

2 minutes ago, LeoZeo said:

Even membership comes with an annual fee, so they’re definitely funding and a member of an active political group. I wonder what the Chamber of Commerce would have to say if Manx Radio were to join Unite the Union as a member?

How much is the annual fee?