Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

5 minutes ago, notwell said:

I think you completely don't understand what the Chamber is about or does.

I notice you did not answer my question. I think I do. It's quite clear on their website if you want to look, and to be honest whether they are a minority or not is irrelevant. It's a political lobby group strongly pursuing a particular political direction - as stated on their website. The point is that if Manx Radio is supportive of that it is no longer politically neutral, and quite happy to be so it would seem. 

I think you are looking into it far too deeply James.

The Chamber has a number of members from retail, law, insurance, engineering, telecoms, banking, IT, eGaming, travel to name a few.

All of those sectors and companies employ huge numbers of people.   And those sectors support  or are interlinked with everything else.   It isn't about minority interests of a few. Far from it really.

As for Manx Radio joining - it looks straight forward to me.  It's an opportunity for them to sell their services to a ready made audience and one bit of business covers the fee.

I don't really agree that the chamber is hugely agenda drive  aside of just really wanting what is best for the island.

11 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

That's a stupid question and misses my point completely. Have a little think about it.

It doesn't really miss your point.

If you think they have a bias or view about what is best for the island and you think it isn't the correct view then what is best for the island?

Virtually every sector of business is represented by the way (in relation to their 'view')

16 minutes ago, notwell said:

It doesn't really miss your point.

If you think they have a bias or view about what is best for the island and you think it isn't the correct view then what is best for the island?

Virtually every sector of business is represented by the way (in relation to their 'view')

Surely the only reason the CoC exists is to promote what's best for it's members not for the good of great unwashed?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, James Hampton said:

I should point out I have said nothing of whether I agree or disagree with their political objectives, the point was neutrality of a government funded broadcaster. 

They shouldn’t be a member of Chamber in my book. They aren’t a commercial operation for a start they get a massive grant from the taxpayer to stay afloat. 

2 hours ago, notwell said:

I think you are looking into it far too deeply James.

The Chamber has a number of members from retail, law, insurance, engineering, telecoms, banking, IT, eGaming, travel to name a few.

All of those sectors and companies employ huge numbers of people.   And those sectors support  or are interlinked with everything else.   It isn't about minority interests of a few. Far from it really.

As for Manx Radio joining - it looks straight forward to me.  It's an opportunity for them to sell their services to a ready made audience and one bit of business covers the fee.

I don't really agree that the chamber is hugely agenda drive  aside of just really wanting what is best for the island.

I'm not disputing who they are or what they do, but are you telling me that CoC policy is set by all people employed by those businesses, or by the people who control them? Are you seriously trying to imply that the CoC is politically neutral? 

I will restate that I am not commenting on their policies. 

Edited by James Hampton