Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

Just now, Gizo said:

It's not waffle. It's his opinion. You yet again haven't got an opinion but shout him down for being stupid. Troll. 

My opinion is that j2bad is talking a load of rubbish. I am well known to be a supporter of Manx Radio as my many posts will show and I firmly believe that 3fm is very much inferior to MR.

I think 3fm should have been called Cast Off FM considering the amount of ex MR people "working" there. The studio floor at 3FM's lodgings must, by now, be covered will toys and dummies..

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I think 3fm should have been called Cast Off FM considering the amount of ex MR people "working" there. The studio floor at 3FM's lodgings must, by now, be covered will toys and dummies..

Correct it is well known that Manx Radio only retain the best talent................ Alex Brindley ARFFFFF

• Haha 1

Just now, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Correct it is well known that Manx Radio only retain the best talent................ Alex Brindley ARFFFFF

Could you do his job better? I doubt it.

I can't find fault with Manx Radio, apart from allowing adverts for windows that are voiced by non Manx people trying to sound Manx. No excuse whatsoever for that shite.

Other than that MR gets a big thumbs up from me every time.

9 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Could you do his job better? I doubt it.

I can't find fault with Manx Radio, apart from allowing adverts for windows that are voiced by non Manx people trying to sound Manx. No excuse whatsoever for that shite.

Other than that MR gets a big thumbs up from me every time.

That's Simon Clarke isn't it?

No one takes dilligaff seriously though he's just an old has been, Manx radio is like comfort blanket that helps the poor sod cope with the pains of old age.  

12 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I was aiming that at the female, 

You wank off over Judith Ley ? Explains a lot that, be Horlicks time soon nightee night. 

Edited by j2bad

6 minutes ago, j2bad said:

No one takes dilligaff seriously though he's just an old has been, Manx radio is like comfort blanket that helps the poor sod cope with the pains of old age.  

You wank off over Judith Ley ? Explains a lot that, be Horlicks time soon nightee night. 

You have school in the morning, I don't . 

BTW is you text and tone not what "ans" has been talking about?

On 16/11/2017 at 5:28 PM, Stu Peters said:

Roger - this isn't my area of expertise, but I think what Alex was saying is that the telephone/TBU system has had a video facility as part of the software for some time, and the 'new' digital desks installed some years ago are able to send a 'voice present on channel' signal to it that automatically switches a number of minicams (rather than just one webcam) thereby making stuff visually more interesting. Should work well on programmes with lots of guests for example.

So I think it's only the minicams that had to be bought-in especially, and it all seems rather clever. I'm not keen on it - the cameras are clearly faulty as they make me look fat.

Thanks for that Stu and apologies for not replying before.  That certainly makes sense of what was being said in the interview I referenced, but goes to illustrate that they could have done a more limited version of what they are attempting now, for years past.  Maybe they've been waiting, unsuccessfully, for  technology that was more slimming.

And of course it's not the technology that is important but the use it is put to.  Since the 'soft  launch' of this new service, there only seems to have been about one new video clip added to the News section per day (ignoring the MTTV stuff) and some of those very short.    It doesn't seem to be adding anything much to Manx Radio's online presence.  I appreciate that such things take some time to do, but if the management is not prepared to put in the resources, then they shouldn't make a big thing about launching it.  I suspect Brindley might well like to do more, but the main purpose of Manx Radio, as with so many other areas of public service on the Island, seems to have become keeping management in the style to which they are accustomed, rather than providing service to the public (no Stu, I don't expect you the answer that). 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Stu Peters said:

James - would you be happy with 3FM becoming a member? Plurality of news being an allegedly important part of their remit.

Evening Stu. I guess it's a matter of perception and assumption. My assumption would be that a national broadcaster funded by the tax payer would at least try to be seen to be politically neutral. Though I fully acknowledge that is in fact impossible to achieve, it's more about the perception than anything - which is why openly supporting a political lobby group seems a bit odd to me. Having said that I will acknowledge this is an assumption on my part, and a quick google brings up nothing to confirm that MR should be politically neutral - is there a constitution of sorts that covers such things? 

With regards the other commercial stations, I wouldn't make the same assumption in the first place. In fact I would assume the opposite - they are privately owned I assume and so will follow the political direction of whoever is in control, and of course being a member of CoC makes perfect sense commercially. If I read a newspaper I am aware of the political inclination, a commercial radio station is really no different in that regard. 

Of course the situation is slightly more convoluted on the IOM as MR is also a commercial entity, and so the political influence of those who pay for advertising has to be factored in, and then we have a broadcaster owned by a politician so I guess there's no point in me being so prissy! :-) 

Edited by James Hampton
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:
1 hour ago, j2bad said:

Give him some credit - he's quite clearly a Geraldine Jamison man 

It is a great shame that the MF software can't determine the age of posters.

A lower limit of 14 might deter a few. see above.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

BTW is you text and tone not what "ans" has been talking about?

Abso-bloody-lutley. I thought precisely the same thing when I read it. Having said that, simply take pleasure in your greater intellect, articulation and diplomacy. Don’t let it piss you off...experience a warm glow of superiority.

• Like 1