Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

As staunch defender of our hard won parliamentary democracy, Mr Watterson produced a report on Lisvane recommendations recommending next to no change & voted against the Keys choosing the Chief Minister

This is behaviour unworthy of the Speaker of the House of Keys, in my very humble opinion

• Like 1

As fas as I am aware the Watterson Report has now been binned, but he can no doubt convene his bonkers committee again to really annoy the ordinary people with further attempts to achieve no change

After all, he loves to joke that there "are two things wrong with the Manx - they don't like change, & they don't like what they've got"

Edited by Donald Trumps

18 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

As fas as I am aware the Watterson Report has now been binned, but he can no doubt convene his bonkers committee again to really annoy the ordinary people with further attempts to achieve no change

After all, he loves to joke that there "are two things wrong with the Manx - they don't like change, & they don't like what they've got"

The initial watterson report on Legislative Council went through and pretty much meant there was no change to the status quo (which is why it is bizarre that Moorhouse says there has been too much change). There will be a further report at some time in the near future about the bishops vote and other things like the chief minister vote (guess this bit is redundant now). 

Back on Moorhouse allegedly a lot of parents voted for him because he was such a poor teacher and they wanted rid of him. If that is true and some people voted for him for that reason then that shows how much people actually care about the effectiveness of Manx politicians or it could show how much they disliked Cregeen and Gawne if they vote for someone who they know if woeful ahead of them. Either way Bungle Bear got in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

The initial watterson report on Legislative Council went through and pretty much meant there was no change to the status quo (which is why it is bizarre that Moorhouse says there has been too much change). There will be a further report at some time in the near future about the bishops vote and other things like the chief minister vote (guess this bit is redundant now). 

Back on Moorhouse allegedly a lot of parents voted for him because he was such a poor teacher and they wanted rid of him. If that is true and some people voted for him for that reason then that shows how much people actually care about the effectiveness of Manx politicians or it could show how much they disliked Cregeen and Gawne if they vote for someone who they know if woeful ahead of them. Either way Bungle Bear got in.

For me it was anyone else other than Gawne and Cregeen. Seem to have gone from the frying pan to the fire with Moorhouse.

Chief Minister Howard Quayle on Manx Radio Opinion just now.

Being grilled and harried by Roger Watterson (/sarcasm)

Looking at the Manx Radio webcam it looks recorded.

Nice and safely does it Manx Radio. Steady as she goes.

Edited to say:

I take it back, Howard will be on Mannin Line live.

Edited by gettafa
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Being grilled and harried by Roger Watterson (/sarcasm)

Savaged/dead sheep.

I won’t be listening - Quayle’s particular brand of self-important idiocy is a product I don’t need.

• Like 1

Howard Quayle declares that the subject of VAT on aircraft  is 'incredibly complex'. I can forgive him the reply once, but it is one he likes to repeat.

"Incredibly complex". Really, can it be all that complex. (answer: yes, for Howard)

3 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Howard Quayle declares that the subject of VAT on aircraft  is 'incredibly complex'. I can forgive him the reply once, but it is one he likes to repeat.

"Incredibly complex". Really, can it be all that complex. (answer: yes, for Howard)

“Incredibly complex” = “I haven’t got a fucking clue what I’m talking about...even though I’m a stable genius”.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I love the meaningless words over Brexit. He keeps repeating that our concerns are being listened to and taken into account.  I have not heard what our concerns are or what we are actually lobbying for. 

Does anyone here have an idea about what our position is. I would like to hear that the IOM has free and total access to the EU.  Can't see that happening though. 

• Like 1

Hah hah. Someone mentions means testing for Countryside Care Scheme (or whatever it is now called)

Millionaire landowner Howard Quayle supposes the correspondent is referencing the ructions going on in the UK at the moment, where there are landowners who own "thousands of thousands of acres and receive millions and millions of pounds in grants"

Hioward puts his two brain cells together to state that there are no landowners on the Isle of Man that would be affected by the UK proposals if the proposals were brought in here. So in other words - no change.

Howard will be getting a few back slaps from rich smug landowners on the Isle of Man over that reply.

• Like 2

On 31/05/2017 at 11:36 PM, ManxieConnor said:

Is it just me who thinks that Jo Pack is totally up her arse? Judging by her twitter, you'd think she is a global superstar! You are not a celebrity yet. Another example of how Manx Radio is totally stupid. I must admit I do like the fresh blood but they are not egotistic and do some proper good broadcasting keeping their feet on the ground

That is someone’s daughter, mother, sister....why do people have to be so goddam cruel when you don’t even know the person you’re talking about. Keyboard warriors are v weak people. 

Edited by JHMP