Manx Radio

Desperate Dan

1 minute ago, twinkle said:
17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You saw what was removed ?

What was removed!.

When you said "Nicked", I assumed you saw the comment I made before swiftly removing it. I keep forgetting that some on here know who I am.:o.

9 hours ago, gettafa said:

Hah hah. Someone mentions means testing for Countryside Care Scheme (or whatever it is now called)

Millionaire landowner Howard Quayle supposes the correspondent is referencing the ructions going on in the UK at the moment, where there are landowners who own "thousands of thousands of acres and receive millions and millions of pounds in grants"

Hioward puts his two brain cells together to state that there are no landowners on the Isle of Man that would be affected by the UK proposals if the proposals were brought in here. So in other words - no change.

Howard will be getting a few back slaps from rich smug landowners on the Isle of Man over that reply.

Here's an mp3 clip of millionaire extraordinaire Howard Quayle's answer, a nifty bit of shifting a simple question and a bit of supposing, relate it to something or other in the UK and Hey Presto! No change on the Isle of Man.

20180107 Howard Quayle Mannin Line Countryside Care Scheme 01.mp3

I shall say again, in bold and italics: "Howard will be getting a few back slaps from rich smug landowners on the Isle of Man over that reply

(and Roger let it go with an amenable "..ok..")

Edited by gettafa
  • Like 3

The free money train keeps rolling ! We should support farmers producing and selling food here, nothing else !! If a landowner chooses not to look after his land and property well thats up to them, no one pays me for gardening and cutting my hedges etc ! Some acres returning to nature would be good for wildlife !!

We no longer have the money to give away to people just because they own land what a farce !!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Max Power said:

So, to sort a petty vendetta, more than a year has been wasted at the DHSC?

Probably. Also how much time, effort and money was wasted when the ridiculous Quayle brought in the ridiculous Mark Charters.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gettafa said:

Probably. Also how much time, effort and money was wasted when the ridiculous Quayle brought in the ridiculous Mark Charters.

A ridiculous amount!

• Like 4

23 hours ago, NoTail said:

I love the meaningless words over Brexit. He keeps repeating that our concerns are being listened to and taken into account.  I have not heard what our concerns are or what we are actually lobbying for. 

Does anyone here have an idea about what our position is. I would like to hear that the IOM has free and total access to the EU.  Can't see that happening though. 

He basically said we don’t have a position which is what many have said all along; the UK will shaft us any chance it gets to deliver slightly less of a turd in Brexit. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, KERED said:

A little gem from the MR web page this morning: "McGuinness says he's spoke to TAS BMW, Norton and Kawasaki.. "

They have a team of illiterates doing their website news and you and I are paying for it:

The number of unfilled jobs in the Island fell by 40% last month.

Open vacancies dropped from 462 in November to 274 in December - compared to 327 in December the previous year.

However, joblessness increased slightly in the last month of 2017, with 16 more people registering themselves unemployed.

Retail vacancies shrunk by more than half during the period, and empty posts in medicine and healthcare slumped from 111 to just 29.

• Haha 1