Dentists And Nhs

thebees

So basically if you were already registered with an NHS dentist then you are okay (until they decide to go private!!!).

If you haven't currently got an NHS dentist then you still need to be on the list and use the emergency service at Nobles until you get allocated one.

I think........

God don't get me rattled about dentists..... I live in the NW UK and have tried every dentist in Preston Chorley Wigan Blackburn and Bolton to get registered as an NSH patient... no luck..... I was given the number of a dentist in St Helens but when I rang I was asked for my postcode, and when i gave it they wouldn't accept me as I was out of their area... grr.....

I have had 2 abcesses since xmas, the first time I ended up at my doctors asking for anti biotics and he went mental and said if I came back with the same problem he would kick my arse.....

A & E are gonna get so fed up with peeps going for treatment when they can't get it elsewhere....

I was told by the NHS helpline that non NHS registered patients would get treatment at a dentist after the 1st April, but they would probably have to wait........

There was a story in the press last week about a 5 year old with severe toothache who has to wait 8 months...... think its time we all gave our local MP/MHK an ear bashing on this one.

Archived