Dr Josef Goebbels - Propoganda Outrage

manxchatterbox

I agree with Quentin Gill - the Govt and Dept of Transport are using propoganda in an unseemly attempt to unduly influence the result of its consultation on road matters.

Also I just heard before the 6pm news tonight on MR (the propoganda voice of the Government??) an interview with a bloke from ROSPA (a UK based organisation) - guess what - he was in favour of a 60mph limit - whoever thought up the idea to interview ROSPA ?? A biased or piece or what...

Who is the propagandist running this campaign? does he look like the photo below ??

post-1753-1144778751_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who'd have thought that the Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents might have an opinion on a proposed change of law that (whether you agree with it or not) has the intention of reducing accidents.

And who'd have thought that Manx Radio might think that the opinion was newsworthy, when there has been so little discussion of the issue!

I don't get this view that the Government are biased on this issue. The Dot is bending over backwards for this TV show advertising the joys of speed - closing the mountain road! If anything I think the main problem is that the Government haven't come out and said what they believe. That is their job! They should state their position one way or another then abide by the decision of the referendum (or consultation).

I agree with Quentin Gill - the Govt and Dept of Transport are using propoganda in an unseemly attempt to unduly influence the result of its consultation on road matters.

Also I just heard before the 6pm news tonight on MR (the propoganda voice of the Government??) an interview with a bloke from ROSPA (a UK based organisation) - guess what - he was in favour of a 60mph limit - whoever thought up the idea to interview ROSPA ?? A biased or piece or what...

Who is the propagandist running this campaign? does he look like the photo below ??

Yet again what is the point of this post.

Does the person in charge of the campaign look like Goebells? I'm just guessing but probably not. Not many people on the Island look like Goebells and the architect of the final solution would sort of stick out in the Post Office queue on pension day. Particularly as he died in May 1945 and probably hums a fair bit by now.

Its fair to say though that somebody who has been dead for 61 years probably has better ideas than whoever decided to start the speed limit campaign.

The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously.

Hubert H. Humphrey

Actually I have been working on a troll theory for the last week or so on the basis that unless we are talking about a care in the community patient with message board tourettes syndrome, and skin / intellect sufficiently dense to completely ignore the general derision their posts generate whilst coming back for more we must be talking about a troll.

I've thought it for a while now, and with every post I get more and more convinced.

I know that some people with low self esteem thrive on abuse in order to seek attention ... but I'm just not convinced.

But. But. But.

Trolls, eccentrics and the reality defficient are what make a forum (or at least Manx ones) interesting. If we ignore them and they go away the forum will be duller. So you'll forgive me if I continue to reply to MCB, and ignore the car-avatar people.

What sort of a half witted clown considers a low key Manx Government publicity campaign is analogous to the vile propaganda exercises and rabble rousing carried out by Goebbels ?

If ,as you say, you are considering standing for election please identify yourself so no one is tempted to vote for you.

You have made a series of ridiculous posts. You have also floated some odious right wing ideas.

None of this would be so bad if you hadn't procaimed your political intentions. It does matter precisely because you say you intend to stand for election.

This time, in my opinion, you have sunk to a new low.

Godwin's Law invoked pretty early on in this thread

We should all drive at the speed of a slow moving Oxen - because that is what jesus would want

Not sure it applies to this particular thread as the half witted one began the thread (in the title) by making the vile comparison . Presumably she or he didnt want to end the thread from the outset.

Archived