Postage Rates Hike

Tempus Fugit

Is it a big secret that the postage rates went up on 3/4/06 ?

On just checking my rate list I downloaded a new copy to find it applied as from last week, I had not heard any news item or announcement of an increase, so how about all the items posted with the wrong stamps ?

(now seem to be 31p for UK and 28 for local)

added : when you eventually find your way through their website to prices and download the letter rates you find it's only the international rates and you then have to go and download the whole book to find the page you are lookig for - superb bit of web design that it :(

I believe most companies were sent the new pricing structure well in advance.

You might also want to know about another change happening from August 21st 2006 - Pricing in Proportion (PIP)

From August 21st, 2006 the way postage is priced will change to take into account size as well as weight.

Details here:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content...ediaId=21100324

A few years ago when there was a 1p increase on postage stamps, my sister, who posts here, thought she'd play it smart and went out and bought a couple of sheets of stamps the day before the price increase came into effect.

It took about 15 minutes of my Mum trying to explain it before it finally sank in.

I believe most companies were sent the new pricing structure well in advance.

You might also want to know about another change happening from August 21st 2006 - Pricing in Proportion (PIP)

From August 21st, 2006 the way postage is priced will change to take into account size as well as weight.

Details here:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content...ediaId=21100324

Will this apply in the Isle of Man? The UK Royal mail rates are nothing to do with us.

Archived