Where Is Our 3g - 3.5g?

partypolitics

I've never understood why the Isle of Man doesn't have one of the lowest priced telecommunication networks in Europe, if not the World.

All the old excuses are rather outdated now.

I think the real reason is because 'they can'. And you all seem to accept it. Because you have so much money here.

We have little choice but to accept it! It is a government licensed monopoly with no apparent limitations/accountability on profits. Such licences let to the private sector (and there are a few) should have service levels as a condition. Part of these levels should impose replicated free market factors to keep prices at realistic level.

Brains better than mine could work them out, but it doesn't seem to be a factor in the thinking here!

It does seem bizarre that a Government Minister can say that with the introduction of zero rate corproate tax, he would hope to see the savings reflected in the tariffs. Come on, you have given a commercial organisation permission to operate as a monopoly with self-imposed free market restrictions! Get real, if you were given that freedom, what would you (or your shareholders expect you to) do?

Archived