Iom Newspapers Facing Competition?

manxchatterbox

Coming soon...

The North West Enquirer, founded by managing director Nick Jaspan and editor Bob Waterhouse, is a weekly newspaper aimed at the 1.3 million AB adults in North West England and will be sold in Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, the Higk Peak areas of Derbyshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man.

...will be sold in Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, the Higk Peak areas of Derbyshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man.

Along with other newspapers also..... wait for it..... sold in the Isle of Man. Shock! Horror!

Like:

The Daily Telegraph

The Financial Times

The Sunday Times

The Guardian

The Independent

The Times

Daily Express

Daily Mail

Daily Star

The People

The Daily Mirrorr

The Daily Sport

The Sun

and on, and on and......

Coming soon...

The North West Enquirer, founded by managing director Nick Jaspan and editor Bob Waterhouse, is a weekly newspaper aimed at the 1.3 million AB adults in North West England and will be sold in Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside, Greater Manchester, Cheshire, the Higk Peak areas of Derbyshire, North Wales and the Isle of Man.

Its even worst than you think. Someone in a pub told me they had been speaking to someone else who had it on good authority that a member of UKIP had the North West Enquirer delivered to his house.

Also I heard it was planned to sell the publication in newsagents situated in public sector housing estates.

There is also said to be a link between carbon trading and someone who once bought a copy of this scurrilous publication.

The island's reputation will be in tatters once you have informed Quentin Gill MHK of your suspicions.

LW "Also I heard it was planned to sell the publication in newsagents situated in public sector housing estates" which is a fuckwits idea as ithe publication is targeted at the AB socio-economic group - not those Sun or Mirror / Sunday Sport readers who live in social housing estates who selfishly cling to occupancy when they should either move on and release the property for the more needful or pay more of a market rent.

not those Sun or Mirror / Sunday Sport readers who live in social housing estates who selfishly cling to occupancy when they should either move on and release the property for the more needful or pay more of a market rent.

What a preposterous generalisation! You'll do well in your election campaign!

readers who live in social housing estates who selfishly cling to occupancy when they should either move on and release the property for the more needful or pay more of a market rent.

Thats just totally f**ked your vote if you intend standing in West Douglas, East Douglas, Braddan, Ramsey, or the South.

I'd give up any political aspirations you may habour because your starting to sound like a total TOSSER.

readers who live in social housing estates who selfishly cling to occupancy when they should either move on and release the property for the more needful or pay more of a market rent.

Thats just totally f**ked your vote if you intend standing in West Douglas, East Douglas, Braddan, Ramsey, or the South.

I'd give up any political aspirations you may habour because your starting to sound like a total TOSSER.

Starting?

I hope he/she does stand for election. I imaging a Screaming Lord Sutch type of character. The election campaign would be hilarious. Dog dirt and byelaws and abusing the council house types and news organisations that he/she should be relying on for support.

Bring it on

Bizarrely, she said she intended to stand against Cretters. Which means her constituency will be Angh Coar, Pully etc.

Declan I do believe you've got it.

Lets analyse the facts: Wants to stand against Cretters, vehemently opposes the corpy, constantly accuses the corpy and government for wasting money, derides people in council houses who don't move on when they can afford to, and thinks the library internet charges are too high. Dog sh*t must be in the immediate vicinity also, and overflowing litter bins

I think what we have in MCB is a council house yuppie, who despises the very people people who keep the house warm and well maintained. Either that or he / she is in an area overlooking a corpy estate looking down on what he / she thinks are a drain on the £15 a year they pay in tax.

Either way, tosser still springs to mind.

My money is that she lives in Farmhill, or thereabouts. If she stands, as I have posted before, I look forward to the doorstep cavassing and the first question I shall ask will be are you MCB, if so you can go now! Or something more abbreviated!

In a perverse way, I do hope she stands, what fun we can have on the hill of the farm!

The North West Enquirer says it wants a weekly sale of 20,000.

So its circulation - throughout the whole of the North West of England and the Isle of Man - will, if it lives up to its expectations, be a few thousand more than the Examiner and about 10,000 fewer than the Courier.

Bob Waterhouse launched the North West Times in 1988. It was a daily "quality" regional newspaper and lasted less than a month.

The "North West" doesn't exist. It's a figment of the imagination of television journalists and some politicians. Why anyone thinks an area stretching from Carlisle to Crewe has enough community of interest to warrant a newspaper is truly baffling.

To think the Manx government would get value for money from advertising in it is completely bonkers.

The North West Enquirer says it wants a weekly sale of 20,000.

So its circulation - throughout the whole of the North West of England and the Isle of Man - will, if it lives up to its expectations, be a few thousand more than the Examiner and about 10,000 fewer than the Courier.

Bob Waterhouse launched the North West Times in 1988. It was a daily "quality" regional newspaper and lasted less than a month.

The "North West" doesn't exist. It's a figment of the imagination of television journalists and some politicians. Why anyone thinks an area stretching from Carlisle to Crewe has enough community of interest to warrant a newspaper is truly baffling.

To think the Manx government would get value for money from advertising in it is completely bonkers.

Archived