Sitting Members - One At A Time (15) Phil Braidwood

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Normally, it would have been the other South Douglas member this week but, as Adrian Duggan has announced that he's stepping down, we move on to the first of the members for Douglas East.

Sometimes it seems that these polls are fated - Steve Rodan in the week that possible reductions in hospital services were announced, David Anderson in the week that he questioned health considerations about 'gay' lifestyles - and now Phil Braidwood when the 'consultation' on an all-island speed limit is in full-flow.

Personally, I think his department have made a complete mess of the process - regardless of whether or not the idea itself is sound. However, I do respect the fact that he isn't simply courting popularity in an election year (the speed limit on the Ballamodha confirms that) and I think I'd prefer someone with genuine beliefs who occasionally gets it wrong to a lickspittle 'yes man' who smiles and nods at everyone.

That's what's frustratung about Manx politics. He might not be too bad an MHK, but he was AWFUL when running DoHA. Shockingly so.

And that's the issue, if he's gets back in he'll get a ministerial post again...

I'm afraid I disagree with his working in Home Affairs - yes the Cheshire investigation was an awkward situation but he did apologise for not informing Donald Gelling but Donald does have a habit of not reading everything and taking into account and he did seem to use Braidwood as a bit of a scape goat over the investigation.

He always answered the barrage of questions on police from Houghton week after week and he was the first Home Affairs Minister to get the prison done as the previous ministers had always put it off.

He sorted the Fire Officers pay dispute and also has done a lot of work for Civil Defence, he has also done a lot of work for the Manx Diabetic Clinic also along with his constituency work.

The speed limit debate will not be to everyones tastes but at least he is seeking all island residents views on the matter as he does have the power to bring the limit in now but he wants to consult the public as the previous review was just letters and votes against on a website.

A YES from me.

Ha, ha, ha, ha ...

Typical of the comments I would expect from you Kerr - goes in the same bracket as 'Marine Biology degrees are useless'.

You may have an axe to grind but if you want to stick with your government conspiracy theories then feel free to vote for negative MHKs like Cannell.

I will prefer to vote for MHKs who aren't afraid to make decisions rather than bitch and moan at other MHKs than actually do something off their own back.

Now now boys lets not start a personal war here !!!

Well I agree with what Lonan3 has stated in the write up for Phil Braidwood, he isn't afraid to make hard decisions that people may disagree with.

He stated that he was originally against the all island speed limit and so he must have had good reason to change his mind about it.

He is one of the few MHKs who 'gets things done' rather than moan and whine like so many others.

He gets my vote, lets see how things pan out come November.

I believe he may be getting competition from Phil Kermode this November ...anyone remember his 'glorious' track record !!!

Im not quite sure about how this speed limit thing is being done just now.

beside this chap is a major mason and i simply cannot get my head round why there should be a parallel soceity that is secret and we dont know who they do favours to do we unless your in. So laugh as you mau when I get my vote its a definite no no and besides my vote is worth just as much as any of yours too.,

And say what you may about kermode he would probably make a pretty good politician who at least isnt in a secret soceity and will work for normal people as opposed to the fat cats.

bumsex, bumsex, bumsex, bumsex

You disappoint me as I really like the bulk of your posts and you seem a nice guy.

My post was actually a miss post as the thread I was responding to somehow got deleted as i pressed the post button and to replicate it with two posts would have looked stupid. Anyway; I'm bemused how defensive people can be of certain individuals when the idea of posting feedback on these candidates is to, well, get feedback good or bad.

I wasn't suggesting the candidate was a joke,and I'll reclarify that even if I won't be voting for him, but its funny when posters seem to switch to being enforcers to protect certain individuals. It makes you wonder where they're coming from.

If its a secret society, how come you know he is a mason?

Do you know of any "favours " he has done for other masons?

How do you know Phil Kermode isnt in a secret society?, its a secret innit

Come on now, share the skeet?

beside this chap is a major mason and i simply cannot get my head round why there should be a parallel soceity that is secret and we dont know who they do favours to do we unless your in. So laugh as you mau when I get my vote its a definite no no and besides my vote is worth just as much as any of yours too.,

And say what you may about kermode he would probably make a pretty good politician who at least isnt in a secret soceity and will work for normal people as opposed to the fat cats.

You disappoint me as I really like the bulk of your posts and you seem a nice guy.

My post was actually a miss post as the thread I was responding to somehow got deleted as i pressed the post button and to replicate it with two posts would have looked stupid. Anyway; I'm bemused how defensive people can be of certain individuals when the idea of posting feedback on these candidates is to, well, get feedback good or bad.

I wasn't suggesting the candidate was a joke,and I'll reclarify that even if I won't be voting for him, but its funny when posters seem to switch to being enforcers to protect certain individuals. It makes you wonder where they're coming from.

I should explain.

When Darth Vader was a frequent poster on these forums, he used to end many of his posts with a triumphant "Ha Ha Ha."

Eventually, one(?) of the moderators added it to the swear filter so that it automatically changed to 'Bumsex, bumsex, bumsex;' much to Vader's consternation.

Seeing your "ha ha ha" post, I simply couldn't resist.

I wasn't commenting on your input in any way, nor was I attempting to defend a particular candidate - I gave my opinion at the very beginning of the thread.

I should explain.

When Darth Vader was a frequent poster on these forums, he used to end many of his posts with a triumphant "Ha Ha Ha."

Eventually, one(?) of the moderators added it to the swear filter so that it automatically changed to 'Bumsex, bumsex, bumsex;' much to Vader's consternation.

Seeing your "ha ha ha" post, I simply couldn't resist.

I wasn't commenting on your input in any way, nor was I attempting to defend a particular candidate - I gave my opinion at the very beginning of the thread.

Apologies, I'm a newbie and interpreted the "bumsex" as a curtain call. Anyway I'm glad you drew my attention to the mis post because it did read a bit unfair. I also thought you were covertly supporting Mr B, having had a go at some of the others. Anyhoo apologies again. I'm just noit used to bumsex!

• 4 months later...
If its a secret society, how come you know he is a mason?

Do you know of any "favours " he has done for other masons?

How do you know Phil Kermode isnt in a secret society?, its a secret innit

Come on now, share the skeet?

Your first question is actually quite pathetic buit there again you might be just trying to wond me up.

I didnt say he done favours except I heard a major freemason on the manx radio say the thing about being in the freemasons is that you have a greater loyalty to your fellow freemasons than you do to the rest of society. Now I dont care which way you swing but that cannot possibly be a good basis for serving the general public which is what a mhk does.

oh and by the way the bloke on the radio is in a public job.

I dont mind someone doing secret things if that turns them on but when they are pleading with the public to say vote for me then i get a worried. i do not want a person who is in such a society running my and my familiys life thank you. It really is that simple.

and to be honest ive probably changed my mind a bit about the last question or so but it depends doesnt it on who else there is

Archived