Wanted: Size 11.5/12 Boots

Tonto

Has anyone got a pair of size 11.5 or 12 hiking/mountain boots in good condition they'd consider selling me? I need a decent pair with a rigid sole construction for going up and down cliff faces as well etc for my son. Size 12 is a very difficult size to get hold of and I cant afford to pay hundreds of pounds for a new pair of Scarpas.

I understand that sometimes even if you get your correct size, the boots sometimes dont 'feel' right, so it is possible that someone out there may have an unused or nearly new pair sitting in the back of the wardrobe waiting for a new home.

Thanks

For larger sized boots / shoes you could do a lot worse than search on ebay.

I have terrible trouble finding footwear in my size so either have to pay extortionate prices via mail order or keep a keen eye on ebay.

I've bought a couple of pairs of shoes on ebay now and both pairs were brand new and a fraction of the cost I had been paying in the past.

EDIT: Failing that do a google for High and Mighty, Magnus and Walk Tall, all of whom do mail order.

Thanks for that, I'm watching some pairs on ebay, but I get really cheezed off with the mail charges some people put on (a)because the IOM seems to be in outer space as far as some people are concerned and (B) I hate paying 10-15 quid postage when I could add that onto the price of the boots - saddo that I am! I'll give google a go as well see what it comes up with. Thanks

I was really spoilt because I got a pair of Berghaus superlite boots for him off www.mandmdirect.com - they have a section for larger size mens shoes and boots on their website - I got them for 45 quid HONESTLY and they are in the shops here for nearly 100 - stupidly I only bought one pair and now they've gone and only the shoes remain, but not in his size.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your help and your comments - I found a pair on ebay which were practically brand spanking for 34 quid - proper climbing boots that cost over 130 in the ellis brigham shop and they are perfect for him. I admit I was a bit nervous, all those tales of ebay shysters - but they were exactly as described and if they have been out anywhere in anger, they must have been carried there! The person selling them decided they didn't fancy all those hills after all, their loss my gain. Many thanks everyone.

Archived