Consultation

Gladys

Paging dooahhdoo to thread - how is the resistance movement coming along?

Not sure. I am not involved with it except for I gave them the go ahead to use the nolimit.org.im website. I did ask last week what the plans were but did not get a reply :(

The consultation is a complete waste of time. What is stopping either for or against parties from getting an extra ten forms from the post office and filling them out? Get 50 people doing it and it then turns it into even more of a joke than it already is.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked the ending that started "Having considered all the above facts" as if all that hastily complied information that preceded the questions were indeed facts proving that a limit is a good idea.

Its just data, nothing more nothing less.

Sorry to hog this thread but here's another question.

I may be stupid but why is there no room to put a name and address on the form? As the replies are not validated what is to stop someone completing hundreds of stock forms and sticking them in the post bag? Nobody would ever know.

Hboy is right - they wouldn't even have to be posted though as you are returning the completed forms to the department who wants the speed limit.

There is a probably a box full of completed forms ready to be used.

I'd be interested to audit the findings as there are so many things wrong with this procedure...

The one big black mark against the 'consultation' is that it is so blatantly for a speed limit. And generally people don't like being told what to think. They like being told what to think even less by the Govt - and this isn't even govt, this is civil servants telling you what to think....

Unless of course you are a sheep and just do what you are told to do. Everyone tick the box marked BAAAAHHHH

Of course if they really wanted to gauge public opinion fairly (which they don't) then they could have just included a question on the census which will be hitting your door step this week...

Of course as that wouldn't be anonymous and would include the opinion off every person of voting age they couldn't possibly have done that now could they ?

Paging dooahhdoo to thread - how is the resistance movement coming along?

Not sure. I am not involved with it except for I gave them the go ahead to use the nolimit.org.im website. I did ask last week what the plans were but did not get a reply :(

Who did you email? pbraidwood@nowurstuffed.co.im ??

For the information of those who have not had their own form to vote or somebody has already filled it out, I discovered this morning that the questionnaire is available at ALL post offices, and if you just ask at the counter they happily hand over a copy.

Archived