Douglas Ratepayers Fund Next Junket....

manxchatterbox

Douglas Council have approved the Chairman of teh Policy and Resources Committee and the Borough Treasurer to attend the 2006 CIPFA conference in Harrogate between the 13th and 16th June....

link:-

http://www.cipfa.org.uk/conference/

note at the bottom of the "What's on offer" - "Lively social programme including Gala dinner and dance"

Question:- what do the "representatives" intend to come back with that will be of quantifiable benefit to Douglas Ratepayers?

junket = jun·ket (jŭng'kĭt)

n.

A dessert made from flavored milk and rennet.

A party, banquet, or outing.

A trip or tour, especially:

One taken by an official at public expense.

One taken by a person who is the guest of a business or agency seeking favor or patronage.

no presentations as to the defined future benefits ever gets done before the Corpy agree expenditure of ratepayers monies for junkets like these....its a gravy train they are all on and its about time ratepayers money is more wisely budgeted for and spent...6.3% rate increases are not so jollies can be sanctioned at every good piss up opportunity...

no presentations as to the defined future benefits ever gets done before the Corpy agree expenditure of ratepayers monies for junkets like these....its a gravy train they are all on and its about time ratepayers money is more wisely budgeted for and spent...6.3% rate increases are not so jollies can be sanctioned at every good piss up opportunity...

Misguided sentiments im afraid. All expenses payable to local and central Govt officials are subject to rules and regulations and to a maximum subsistence allowance. The maximum is set at a modest level and most certainly wouldnt fund anything resembling a piss up.

CIPFA is the sort of event all our local authorities should be sending delegates to. How else do you suppose best practice can be learned and understood without the opportunity of networking with peers ?

The fact is, mcb, we get an exceptionally good deal on our rates in the IOM. Your £9:00 per week buys you a whole lot of services which you dont seem to appreciate if your nasty posts, focussed on hard working local govt employees, are anything to be guided by.

Give it a rest. You are so wrong.

N0 £9 per week is already too much...yours is an attitude that makes me belive you are a council/government employee who enjoys consuming ratepayers/taxpayers money.

£9:00 per week is exceptionally good value by any standard you care to measure it by.

It will buy 4 pints of bitter I believe.

I work in the private sector.

Well I vote your rate is set at £30 a week 'cos you obviously have no idea what is a modest amount or a large amount and you obviously have more money than you know what to do with.

I know a good deal when I see one and I am happy the services I receive in return for my rates payment represent good value for money.

you might be surprised just how many folk in the UK would like to have their community charge reduced to £30:00 per week.

Give it up. You are so wrong

MCB, have you even Googled CIPFA? These days, anyone with a professional qualification MUST spend a certain amount of time updating their knowledge, its called CPD (Continued Professional Development) to ensure they are current in their particular field.

As I said above, CIPFA is a well-respected organisation/qualification whose members need to keep up their CPD. There again, perhaps you would rather they didn't and just bumbled along without developing their professional skills!

Archived