Staff In The Refurbished Town Hall Suffer From Sun-glare

manxchatterbox

Why do they have to be electronically controlled?

Is there some form of H&S regulation that prevents the staff from manually operating the blinds?

If so, why haven't we been informed of this?

Have you contacted Manx Radio about this, I'm sure they could, at the very least report on it, even if they cannot carry out any investigative journalism.

Oh and btw, what percentage of the working day is being lost to sun blindness, just how will this affect the efficiency of this department?

Oh and what is the departments policy on the wearing of short sleeved shirts?

Surely no bare elbows? That does make the mind wander during a working day and probably costs squillions on the rate bill, I think all shirts should be at wrist level when you are in the public pay!

(Unless, you have particularly attractive forearms, of course!)

Mission "Why do they have to be electronically controlled?" Exactly the point...what's wrong with turning a lever...but guess Health and Safety would say it might lead to some sort of rsi/elbow complaint...

at the moment the ratepayers are in the dark over the cost of the new blind system...

Mission "Why do they have to be electronically controlled?" Exactly the point...what's wrong with turning a lever...but guess Health and Safety would say it might lead to some sort of rsi/elbow complaint...

at the moment the ratepayers are in the dark over the cost of the new blind system...

Shocking waste. If it goes on like this there wont be any of your £458:00 / annum [@ £9:00 / week]

left to waste.

Some of the stuff You post MCB is good information, Other times its just crap because there aren't any facts.

What was the point of posting this if you don't know how much they cost, They could cost exactly the same amount as mechanical ones.

At least if they are electrical you don't have to worry about workers wasting time.

Pressing a button takes time.

I'd like to know just how much time it takes and, being a button, the male staff are likely to think it is a new toy and will be pressing it endlessly.

They'll be pressing it to make the blind go down, and then pressing it to make the blind go back up again.

They'll probably have races, timed on a stopwatch to see which one can press the button the fastest and get the blind to deploy / retract in the quickest time too.

Before you know it, they'll be getting no work done at all!

Do we know what percentage of men work in this department, and where their desks are situated?

I think some serious questions need to be asked before any work is carried out on the installation of these blinds!

Pressing a button takes time.

I'd like to know just how much time it takes and, being a button, the male staff are likely to think it is a new toy and will be pressing it endlessly.

They'll be pressing it to make the blind go down, and then pressing it to make the blind go back up again.

They'll probably have races, timed on a stopwatch to see which one can press the button the fastest and get the blind to deploy / retract in the quickest time too.

Before you know it, they'll be getting no work done at all!

Do we know what percentage of men work in this department, and where their desks are situated?

I think some serious questions need to be asked before any work is carried out on the installation of these blinds!

At last, real investigative journalism. Do you know how long it would take MCB to galvanise those shirking, desk-based journos at MR to get on to this real story? Probably as long as it would take for MR (the shysters) to find Talbot Blinds! Subvention, we laugh in its face?

Archived