Diverting Attention!

Billy One Mate

Manxchaterbox and some of our politicians really have it in for the Corpy.

Only recently we have seen a select committe lambast the Town Clerk for his handling of the Villa Marina Employee saga and in fact I believe they asked for his resignation. How many of the select committees that investigate their own errors end up sacking anybody (Mount Murray comes to mind). Double standards here I think.

In defense of the Corpy and its employees I must admit in the dealings that I have had with them which are considerable over 30 years I have found them all to be very professional and helpful and certainly better in a lot of instances than some Government Depts.

Also one for you Manxchaterbox I am aware of a massive factual saving in the region of 3 million pounds that officers of the corpy achieved for the ratepayers of Douglas on a major Capital scheme by their hard work and dedication.

Also one for you Manxchaterbox I am aware of a massive factual saving in the region of 3 million pounds that officers of the corpy achieved for the ratepayers of Douglas on a major Capital scheme by their hard work and dedication.

They cut back on the Mayors Drinks bill :lol:

Maybe if they'd paid those employees what they owed them there wouldn't be a call for his resignation.

Maybe if some numpty hadn't let them run up ludicrous amounts of overtime and days in lieu nothing would have happened. There is no other employer on the Island that would allow staff to run up the equivalent of many many months salary in unpaid overtime etc.

This whole situation is down to bad management.

Maybe if some numpty hadn't let them run up ludicrous amounts of overtime and days in lieu nothing would have happened. There is no other employer on the Island that would allow staff to run up the equivalent of many many months salary in unpaid overtime etc.

Maybe not.

This whole situation is down to bad management.

There's plenty of departments that are full of that.

Archived