Show Your Manxness Immigration Test

Port Erin

Well the C/C/G thing does not suprise me at all, after all the national dish of England is now curry.

Manx broth is a winner for me, although i am Manx i have never really been introduced to the Manx eating traditions.

My wife likes to eat dumplings and jam though i am guessing thats a Manx or even Celtic thing.

I am looking forward to my first visit to the new(ish) Celtic themed pub/restaurant and i am hoping for some Manx food there although my tastbuds maybe wrecked from the ale they serve.

edit: spelling

I truly do not know the difference between soup and broth! Broth, I suppose, is made from a base of boiling bones? The best soup/broth I ever had was when I had chicken pox as a kid and Mum served up some chicken soup, wonderful taste, a bit more than ordinary chicken soup and the taste lasted for years.

Then, much later, I found out it was rabbit soup and she had kept it from me because I had a pet rabbit at the time. Didn't deter me, I have been trying the odd bunny in the pot for years; never quite got the same flavour though!

I will not, however, take you through the preparation of a rabbit for the pot with my Mum, (who was a biology teacher). Suffice to say that when she announced "oh, its a little boy rabbit", my enthusiasm waned!

a pack of prepared Robinson's broth veggies for 95p, a generous handful of pearl barley say 15p, cover with boiling water and simmer...remove any bits of small bone chips and brown and add a couple of thick lamb neck chops (£1.45)....simmer for 45 mins and you will have enough for four large deep plates of warming home made broth..serve with crusty french baton..

Archived