How Much Does A Helmet Full Of Cheese Cost?...its The Only Business There Is..

manxchatterbox

The last business news story on MR web-site is:-

Cheese price warning 13 April 2006 21:33:20

The Isle of Man Milk Marketing Association is warning cheese prices could fall, later in the year.

The average price for cheese in February was £1,946 per tonne and the association says the cheese curd price was £1,850. It says this could lead to a decline in prices in the summer or autumn. But it’s not all doom and gloom. A deal with a United Kingdom supermarket chain will insulate the industry from price falls for at least six months.

Is this the best there is???

Is there no other newsworthy business?

Why is there nothing more up to date on the page?

Is there any energetic expanding businesses on the IOM?

The Isle of Man Milk Marketing Association is warning cheese prices could fall, later in the year.

The average price for cheese in February was £1,946 per tonne and the association says the cheese curd price was £1,850. It says this could lead to a decline in prices in the summer or autumn. But it’s not all doom and gloom. A deal with a United Kingdom supermarket chain will insulate the industry from price falls for at least six months.

You seem to think so or you wouldnt have posted it presumably.

Im sure there are numerous businesses on the Island which are expanding. One which springs to mind is the telecoms business at the freeport which has recruited a fair number of staff this year.

I seem to remember there used to be a competion for business of the year. If my, admittedly poor, memory serves me correctly, the ToolBox in Port Erin was a one time winner.

Does this competition still exist ?

Cheese news is important. There should be more of it. And international cheese news too. Cheese is an important matter.

I'm also very interested in ham.

I too feel that Cheese is an important news item, but I feel totally let down by Manx Radio's catastrophic failure to mention anything about pickle which is equally important to cheese.

Then you should both listen to Manx Radio more - it is very cheesy, involves a lot of hams and usually can be found in a pickle.

Is there no other newsworthy business?

Why is there nothing more up to date on the page?

I think all talk of cheesy helmets should be banned on the grounds of public decency.

just checked the MR web site - no update on any business news since 13 April 2006 21:33:20...I can't believe there hasn't been any...so how come the general and sports news sections are updated all the time but the business section isn't...there is a Business News Editor and two other guys who cover business...so why can't they keep on top of the job??

Archived