Anti Limit Meeting

Amadeus

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well if its been decided that every address on the Island including places of work are receiving them and someone there fills the form out and submits it as well as the one they get at home then the whole exercise is flawed from the start....never mind being able to pick up extra forms at post offices etc...

Slim, I assume that they haven't de-restricted the road since you moved into the property, so it was unrestricted when you bought it? Therefore you would have known that there may be vehicles going past the house at high speed?

Slim, I assume that they haven't de-restricted the road since you moved into the property, so it was unrestricted when you bought it? Therefore you would have known that there may be vehicles going past the house at high speed?

You're seriously suggesting I should make a decision about where I should live because some speed drunk dickhead wants to put his own life and everyone else on the road at risk by driving 90 down a single track country lane?

The fact that I live there isn't really relevant, it just means I witness the stpudity more often. The fact is other people use the roads besides wanna be Colin McCrays, if they can't drive within the safety limits, hard limits need applying. Least then I can report em.

Complain about people driving too fast for the conditions, narrowness of road, etc and the DoT may put a limit on your road anyway - the speed limits have been creeping out in various places in recent years. Even with a speed limit on your road, you saying that driver X went past your house at 90mph means nothing unless there's a verification of the speed by radar etc - it's your word against the driver's. The police aren't just there to enforce speed limits, and if the road is as narrow as you say with people going at a speed felt to be too fast, then the police should be giving out tickets for careless or reckless driving, shouldn't they?

No limit is ambiguous and open to the drivers interpretation, having a limit isn't. If I report someone enough times for the same thing, and others do the same, something will happen. I dont want a limit just outside my house, I was just providing an example. There's hundreds of small roads like mine, they all need a national limit.

No limit is ambiguous and open to the drivers interpretation, having a limit isn't. If I report someone enough times for the same thing, and others do the same, something will happen. I dont want a limit just outside my house, I was just providing an example. There's hundreds of small roads like mine, they all need a national limit.

Ok maybe i'm not understanding, You want to complain about drivers going at 90 outside your house but you don't want a limit, But all roads like yours need a national speed limit?

Archived