Dodge The Viper

manxchatterbox

How did the bloke lose it - isn't it a straight line?

I was lucky enough to get a video of the crash.

I'll try and get it up loaded by one of the nice IT bods at work.

Was a women driving it as well, says it all really :rolleyes:

Awesome bloody car though, went down to see my mates boss's Impreza who beat Pete Dukes 22B and had a look at the Dodge. Damage wasn't all that bad really.

We are going to try Ramsey tomorrow. Martin, good lad, is allowing us to trailer the car back down between runs. If we drove back down - by Guthries the transmission brake will have called uncle and by the Gooseneck the Rocky Mountain rear brakes will have packed up and gone home as well. Net result there is NO WAY we will make Ramsey hairpin and even if we did, stopping will be somewhere about the hospital up the hill the other side.

They are on the track which has been granted a permit, so they must be worn at all times. In the event of an accident the insurance company could just say piss off

Having a look through my Blue Book and the Regs - I think you'll find you are wrong...... L.9.2.1 says through Practice and Competition but travelling back down the hill isn't practice or competition so thus this doesn't apply.

Back on topic - Just returned from an excellent day up at Jurby for the Pursuit Sprint. The weather was excellent and I even got sunburnt!

On a slightly different note, if anyone took any photos of the two ambulances travelling down Bray Hill once the roads had closed, could they please let me know!

Cheers.

Andrew.

I spent all day listening to the distant sounds of this at work in Ramsey on Saturday.

I soooo wish I could have gone to see it.

I never even knew about the Douglas event, now that I could have gone too!

Promotion of events on this island is piss poor in the main. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Archived