Iom G 'stealth' Blanketing Already

Silentbob

Not because they dont know the Give Way is there, more that they just choose NOT to give way. I use that juntion many times a day, I think the main issue is that ppl are so interested in what is approaching from the left, they forget about looking right.

• 3 weeks later...

I really do think the DoT has way too much money, too many idle hands, and a complete lack of any understanding in road safety.

707 staff in the DOT according to the government website. Which is 1.5% of the working population. (going by the 2001 census).

We've only got around 700 miles of roads. So each mile costs us £500 (average wage) per week before they even buy the materials, tools and vehicles etc. to fix or maintain that mile.

I think you've accidentally hit on the solution.

707 employees, 700 miles of road. Just put one DOT employee on duty covering a mile and they can phone in any speed related abuse within their mile of tarmac. Bingo. No need for an all Island limit.

Actually go one better - call them DOT traffic speed enforcement officers and give them a crappy jacket with a set of eppulettes and they could enter nazi highway heaven and book everything in sight.

Archived