Sitting Members - One At A Time (16) Brenda Cannell

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This week it's Brenda Cannell, the 3rd and last of our female MHKs.

My personal view is that Brenda is a very hardworking MHK who takes her responsibilities seriously.

She's one of the few who are willing to put their heads above the parapet and risk being shot at and, if she happens to support an unpopular measure, she's not afraid to say so and to defend it.

My understanding is that she's also a good constituency representative.

The choice - as always - is yours.

In the main, I agree.

She does seem to do her homework and can certainly hold her own in the Keys chamber.

She works very hard and seems honest in her views.

She isn't afraid of putting her views on the line either, witnes her 2001 Manifesto

You may recall that, following my outspoken remarks about the building of the new hospital, I was promptly relieved of my political responsibilities for the Island’s construction industry and sacked from the Department of Trade and Industry.

Unfortunately, this 'awkwardness' may cause her to be kept out of the top level of power.

Shame that. She's good.

Edited to add Voted Yes.

I've never seen her without a ciggie hanging out of her mouth but there again I live just down the road from her and she must spark one up just as she gets in the car!

But personal prejudices aside I voted yes here, and probably will also in November, for most of the reasons already stated in the posts bove.

I've never seen her without a ciggie hanging out of her mouth but there again I live just down the road from her and she must spark one up just as she gets in the car!

But personal prejudices aside I voted yes here, and probably will also in November, for most of the reasons already stated in the posts bove.

Yeh - and that cigar smoking Churchill was a right git !

...Anyone that stands against the erosion of civil liberties and highlights the failure of the governments process of 'consultation' has my vote.

Not the sort of person I go for. I'd rather vote for someone that has a chance of a ministerial post so they can achieve something. Not someone that gets kicked out of every post because they can't keep it bottled for more than 5 mins.

I'm all for people who have a forceful viewpoint. But when you've been in for more than one term you should be capable of keeping a ministerial post. In a non-party system people shouldn't necessarily vote for people just because they have difficult personalities and "say it like it is"- they should vote for people that have the ability to work for their constituencies by being in a position to carry forward policies. Not being stuck on the sidelines in purgatory because they suffer from political tourettes syndrome.

• 3 months later...

Brenda Cannell has started her electioneering with this glossy leaflet.

Any thoughts on what she has to say?

bc11of4lm2.th.jpgbc12of4ur7.th.jpgbc13of4rp0.th.jpgbc14of4mx2.th.jpg

I'd appreciate seeing any other manifestos or pre-election leaflets for other candidates if there are any knocking about yet.

Brenda needs to explain and state her views on many more issues. Perhaps she will nearer the election. At least she appears to have written the manifesto herself not employed a ghost writer!

Archived