Sitting Members - One At A Time (16) Brenda Cannell

Lonan3

Would you vote for  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Actually in all fairness - it's summer news 2006 - not a manifesto. I only read the small print :)

I had one from my MHKs, glossy paper, loads of pages, full of "haven't we done well"s.

Despite it being a News 'Update' (I certainly don't recal one since the last election) it didn't mention the upcoming election.

I'm guessing (as a member of Joe Public and a voter) that it was paid for with tax payers money. Another advantage that sitting members have over new candidates.

Actually in all fairness - it's summer news 2006 - not a manifesto. I only read the small print :)

I had one from my MHKs, glossy paper, loads of pages, full of "haven't we done well"s.

Despite it being a News 'Update' (I certainly don't recal one since the last election) it didn't mention the upcoming election.

I'm guessing (as a member of Joe Public and a voter) that it was paid for with tax payers money. Another advantage that sitting members have over new candidates.

Maybe these things should, in future, be marked with an issue/year number (so that we know they're not only issued 5 months before any general election) and also the cost of the (no news is) good news periodical to the tax/rate payers.

Personally, if a choice is offered, make mine a Suduko mag.

Alternatively, the all-island manifesto chestnut would stop all this abuse of our funds.

I'd be pleased to read any other such news items. Could you scan and post it please?

The thing is, our politicians may well be voted in by their constituents but everytime they stick their hand up to vote it has an effect on all of us. I want to know where every potential MHK is 'coming from' and I want to know what each and everyone of the standing MHKs believes they have actually done this past 5 years.

post-233-1153951153_thumb.jpg

And edited to add that Mrs Cannell was one of that minority of MHKs who voted against changing the name of the Lieutenant Governor and gave her reasons very well for doing so. She also said that some of her constituents had contacted her regarding the matter and so she was bearing their wishes in mind.

A small point maybe, but it does show that she is not afraid to vote against the nodding donkeys and (unlike some others . . . ) listens to her constituents.

Archived