Water Demand At Richmond Hill

manxchatterbox

I just read this from Hansard and thought about the water useage requirement at our own EfW plant at Richmond Hill...and as the nursery down there grows roses hydroponically and needs a good water supply too is it because the EfW plant needs the water more that the Hotchkiss nursery has been "encouraged" to re-locate...

Waste Incinerators

Norman Baker: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what estimate she has made of the annual volume of water typically required to enable a household waste incinerator to operate.

Mr. Bradshaw: Most municipal waste incinerators in England use a semi-dry gas scrubbing system. Technical Guidance published by the Environment Agency estimates that these typically use between 250–350 litres of water per tonne of waste incinerated. The remainder use dry gas scrubbing systems which do not use significant quantities of water.

link:-

http://www.sita.co.im/efw/how_does_efw_work.php

I just read this from Hansard and thought about the water useage requirement at our own EfW plant at Richmond Hill...and as the nursery down there grows roses hydroponically and needs a good water supply too is it because the EfW plant needs the water more that the Hotchkiss nursery has been "encouraged" to re-locate...

Waste Incinerators

Norman Baker: To ask the Secretary of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs what estimate she has made of the annual volume of water typically required to enable a household waste incinerator to operate.

Mr. Bradshaw: Most municipal waste incinerators in England use a semi-dry gas scrubbing system. Technical Guidance published by the Environment Agency estimates that these typically use between 250–350 litres of water per tonne of waste incinerated. The remainder use dry gas scrubbing systems which do not use significant quantities of water.

link:-

http://www.sita.co.im/efw/how_does_efw_work.php

I'm sure the £4.5m they have got from the DTI to re-loacte more than covers it, so it can just be added to the cost of the "white elephant"

"In fairness, my guess is that it was the millions of squids that the Govt offered for the site that 'persuaded' Mr H."

But have the Govt been forced to make the "buy-out" offer to Mr H 'cos they know the water supply to the nursery is no longer adequate with there now being the hugely increased demand for cooling water across the road??

who has decided on the value of the nursery site - is it a fair value for the land ??

Archived