Euromanx Frequent Flyer Program

islander

Has anyone had a look at www.euromanx.com latley. they have just launched a frequent flyer program.

looks interesting!!!!! Win the use of a corporate jet to Magala - count me in.

I bet none of their pilots qualify as "frequent flyers". Everytime I've tried to use them they've no crew.

Hmm .. don't know if I would call that a loyalty scheme!

Loyalty schemes exist to reward loyal customers and enhance their relationship with the business.

Euromanx's scheme involves paying a "membership fee" in return for certain incentives. Example, Gold members pay £500 a year for 1 free flight in 13 (equivalent to a 7.7% discount on their flights) and other freebies. The interesting thing is that you're paying money up front .. in the belief (hope?) that you'll actually hit your target within your annual limit. Presumably, if you only fly 11 flights during the year, than you won't get your free flight.

Interesting concept .. but I prefer schemes similar to BA's Executive Club that aims at rewarding loyal customers than trying to "nudge" customers into repeating purchase behaviour

I still prefer the mysteries of the steam-packet booking system - when every time I book I seem to get suprised with a different price.

At least you get one free trip every five - even though it seems to always cost another £20 when they average the price over your last five tickets, mainly because you can't claim it online and have to turn up at the terminal (travelling from the UK side) at short notice with past tickets and then have to pay top wack.

It's also funny how many of their staff say they 'can't look up your past reference numbers on the system to claim your extra ticket - as the system doesn't do that' - when someone did it for me only a few weeks earlier. Damn that's annoying and it's happened to me about six or seven times....Grrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

At least Euromanx no longer have that piece of junk on their route - Emeralds' ATP, last time I was on it it didn't even get to the runway before it turned back with an ATP .......Another Technical Problem. Missed out on my connection and had to ask for my money back, what chance of being a frequent flyer when their poxy plane can't even get off the ground!

At least you get one free trip every five - even though it seems to always cost another £20 when they average the price over your last five tickets, mainly because you can't claim it online and have to turn up at the terminal (travelling from the UK side) at short notice with past tickets and then have to pay top wack.

It's also funny how many of their staff say they 'can't look up your past reference numbers on the system to claim your extra ticket - as the system doesn't do that' - when someone did it for me only a few weeks earlier. Damn that's annoying and it's happened to me about six or seven times....Grrrrrrrrrrrrgh!

Are they still doing that? I thought they had stopped it a few weeks ago ...

I still prefer the mysteries of the steam-packet booking system - when every time I book I seem to get suprised with a different price.

So that will be no different than any other travel operator in the world then. All ferries / airlines have a different fare structure dependent on when and how you book. But surprise, surpise when the SPCo does it, it's a fucking conspiracy just to piss you off. In fairness to the SPCo, I remember when it was about £200 in the winter and £400 in the summer to take your car. No offers. Nowt.

At least you get one free trip every five
As Owen says, I think that has finished. That should cheer you up.

It's also funny how many of their staff say they 'can't look up your past reference numbers on the system to claim your extra ticket - as the system doesn't do that'
Of course they can do it, but FFS you are (or were) getting something for nothing (or nearly) the least you can do, is bother your ass to go by the rules and supply your tickets.

If they gave you the trip free, you'd complain about the time.

Numpty

Loyalty schemes exist to reward loyal customers and enhance their relationship with the business.

Just a quicky on this........

Loyalty schemes exist in the main to keep track of customers, their spending habits and likes / dislikes etc. In order to aim direct marketing at encouraging them to spend more, or come back should they dissappear for a while.

The spin off effect is that it gives the impression of personalising the relationship.

However, when you think about it, TESCO know far more about me, my family, my daily / weekly habits than any law enforecement agency. Nice to know.

Loyalty schemes exist in the main to keep track of customers, their spending habits and likes / dislikes etc. In order to aim direct marketing at encouraging them to spend more, or come back should they dissappear for a while.

The spin off effect is that it gives the impression of personalising the relationship.

However, when you think about it, TESCO know far more about me, my family, my daily / weekly habits than any law enforecement agency. Nice to know.

*grin* .. Granted .. that's the other side of the coin. I was merely commenting on the fact that this airline want's to actually charge people for the privilege of tracking their behaviour.

p.s. if you're worried that Tesco knows too much about your habits, just swap cards every couple of weeks with a mate of yours. That should obfuscate your data nicely. That is .. unless you enjoy that the fact that they tailor their promotions to actually be relevant to your needs

That is .. unless you enjoy that the fact that they tailor their promotions to actually be relevant to your needs

erm .. no .. I DON'T work at Tesco :D

At least Euromanx no longer have that piece of junk on their route - Emeralds' ATP, last time I was on it it didn't even get to the runway before it turned back with an ATP .......Another Technical Problem.

Like the technical problem that they had with the HS-748 Hawker Siddeley

Picture Linky: Technical Problem

Stav.

Are they still doing that? I thought they had stopped it a few weeks ago ...

I checked with the company - and you are right they stopped the scheme 1st March - but if you have tickets before that you can still use them for the scheme.

They say they have transferred these discounts to their special offers, but that hasn't translated into benefits so far on any of my regular crossings (at least two a month).

Archived