Speed Cameras

Theskeat

Unless that "cable" was clever enough to know which end was being run over surely the reason there are two is to measure the traffic in both directions...or am I just being thick?!?!?!?

No your not being thick, it's exactly like you said the cables measure the volume of traffic in both directions.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless that "cable" was clever enough to know which end was being run over surely the reason there are two is to measure the traffic in both directions...or am I just being thick?!?!?!?
http://www.speedcam.co.uk/gatso6.htm

A speedtrap doesn't have to be a fixed camera. Some police forces use a system called DS2 (also known as Speedmaster and Autovision but I

like to call it Plug and Pay), which

consists of three strips buried into the road and a small grey post to connect the camera. In the image below, you can see them clearly.

If you look just in front of the yellow sign, you can see a dropped kerb and the grass is a different texture. This is where the

Talivan sits and a wire is then plugged into the post. And finally, notice how the post is right next to the signposts, this is an attempt at trying to obscure it like they do

with Gatsos

This type of speedtrap is only active when a camera is hooked up to it.

g7.jpg

Theres more near the bottom of the page on there but I guess its more for the TT IMHO...

Terran

Yes well if that makes you sleep easy at night then you believe that.

Personally speaking, I'm going to go and have a poo into a tinfoil tray, and then go to bed wearing my tinfoil hat. (Tinfoil keeps out the mind (and poo) control beams, you see.)

The oppressors will not steal my mind. (Or my poo.)

Oh no.

NEVER!

Sorry to quote you again, but....

Among a fringe community of paranoids, aluminum helmets serve as the protective measure of choice against invasive radio signals. We investigate the efficacy of three aluminum helmet designs on a sample group of four individuals.

{snip}

For all helmets, we noticed a 30 db amplification at 2.6 Ghz and a 20 db amplification at 1.2 Ghz, regardless of the position of the antenna on the cranium. In addition, all helmets exhibited a marked 20 db attenuation at around 1.5 Ghz, with no significant attenuation beyond 10 db anywhere else.

Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz

The experiment was carried out by students at MIT and you can read the report here :)

they'll probably put it on the york rd trafic lights, the post is in for it!

As far as I know, the camera at York Road will be operational in July - not sure if they just relocate that particular one, though...

Archived