Speed Cameras

Theskeat

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm going to try and trigger it on my pushbike if that's the case.

I'm laying bets that it can be done without any effort :)

I'm going to try and trigger it on my pushbike if that's the case.

I'm laying bets that it can be done without any effort :)

I would like to see the picture!, Surely you would have to break the speed limit to get some air to try and trigger it?

Before the camera can be used or take pictures, a warning sign must be in place otherwise the use of the camera would break Data Protection Regulations.

Not quite true. In the UK under the road traffic act they have to display a warning that enforcement cameras are in use, but it's not a data protection issue. When the Isle of Man's road traffic act is amended to allow the use of speed cameras we'll see if they put the same clause in. I suspect they will, after all, whoever drafts it will just copy and paste it.

I'm sure I saw a photo of a pushbike going through a speed trap somewhere, but I can't find it :(

Here's some other ones instead: Clickey

And if you really don't like them, play these:

Shoot the Gatso

Camera Killer

Cheaper than setting the real thing on fire...

I would like to see the picture!, Surely you would have to break the speed limit to get some air to try and trigger it?

As they were doing under 30mph I suppose the Police are buggered.

It just shows you what useless devices these are.

They will clock someone at 31mph and issue a "letter". But walk really slow and torch the bugger and they don't even get a mugshot.

As they were doing under 30mph I suppose the Police are buggered.

It just shows you what useless devices these are.

They will clock someone at 31mph and issue a "letter". But walk really slow and torch the bugger and they don't even get a mugshot.

I was on about someone trying to trigger it on a push bike!

I can't see why it was torched because its all going to come out of tax payer money to fix/replace it, Would it have been turned off in TT week?, If not it would take so great pics of TT riders over the bridge!

Archived