Speed Cameras

Theskeat

Would it have been turned off in TT week?, If not it would take so great pics of TT riders over the bridge!

They'll more than likely turn it off for each practice and race, turning it on again straight after.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would it have been turned off in TT week?, If not it would take so great pics of TT riders over the bridge!

They'll more than likely turn it off for each practice and race, turning it on again straight after.

It's not online for TT week - it is going live in 6-8 weeks apparently.

src Manx radio:

Transport Minister Phil Braidwood has confirmed nobody is to be prosecuted with data gathered from the so called 'Safety Camera' placed at Ballaugh Bridge and due to go live in 6-8 weeks.

At this stage, he says the equipment is being used solely for monitoring the speed of vehicles.

It has been suggested it is the first step towards using speed cameras to prosecute motorists.

But Mr Braidwood is making no firm statement at this stage.

Anyone see Gordon Ramsay on 'Top Gear'?

post-1037-1148546775_thumb.jpg

Not that it was recommended, of course.

:ph34r:

I wonder if it actually works though?, He said he went round in the early hours wrapping the cling film as tight as possible around the camera so when it took a picture the number plate was smeared and unreadable.

Oh and apprently the maintance people who come round to check the cameras don't notice!, Well untill they want to change the film!

Oh and apprently the maintance people who come round to check the cameras don't notice!, Well untill they want to change the film!

Is it film? I'd have thought digital, but don't know.

Yeah, They are expensive so probably is digital!, I don't know eithier but digital would make sense!

from here : http://www.psni.police.uk/index/safetycame...meras_facts.htm

These cameras provide the latest in Home Office approved speed detection. They do not use film but instead capture a digital image of vehicles speeding together with a precise measurement of their speed. They can also be used as red-light cameras and detect vehicles going through against a red traffic light.

Don't know why i said film!, Still that means the cling film idea will work even better!

Wouldn't it be easier to... I dunno, not speed?

That would be the best thing if we were socially responsible (and I hope the majority of people who live on our island are), however looking at the comments on this thread it would appear that is not the case for the majority of posters.

Wouldn't it be easier to... I dunno, not speed?

:lol: Said by the person who wanted to trigger it on a push bike! :rolleyes:

But yes, If you want to avoid a ticket or letter than yes the best option is not speed, But Gordon Ramsay was on about being on a Motorway in the early hours which has next to no traffic but still has a 70mph limit!

:lol: Said by the person who wanted to trigger it on a push bike! :rolleyes:

Someone said was triggered by being airborne, not through speed. Getting airborne on a bike is easy to do at well under the speed limit. Maybe you need to pay more attention to the context in which it was said?

No idea, I was just going on what was posted in the thread. Feel free to jump up and down on Ballaugh Bridge and report back to us with your findings.

In busy traffic if you could.

Archived